3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 12, 2014 5:10 PM by brightlybob RSS

stay rules

deborahmccloskey Gold
Currently Being Moderated

if you use a certificate and pay for an upgrade does that constitute a stay?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: stay rules
    tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

I have asked this before,as I have done exactly the same thing.  Sadly, the answer is no.    You are not paying for the room, only the difference in price for the upgrade.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

deborahmccloskey, Unfortunately no. Marriott is very firm on their rules regarding stays. Point stays and cert stays do not count. Many of the MRI crowd have asked for them to be included like SPG does but alas to no avail.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Agree with the Tommo and ks77... No night credit for award stays, with or without a paid upgrade.

The industry does seem to be moving the way of crediting award stays. With Hilton, SPG and most recently IHG all doing so, Marriott is standing apart. Mind you, not sure I want to see Marriott following the examples of any of the others...

2 Points per $ at SPG, YUK!

No breakfast/lounge access at IHG, YUK!

95,000 points per night redemption at Hilton, YUK!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...