14 Replies Latest reply: Jan 15, 2017 12:58 PM by AndrewT RSS

Trouble getting credit for a stay?!  Anyone else?

smila33 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have not had trouble previously, but cannot get credit for my recent stay at Courtyard Istanbul (airport).  Have gone back-and-forth with hotel and missing stay report.  Get various response why I am not getting credit.  Among them, your folio bill does not have the Marriott logo on it (I questioned this at check-out and the hotel staff just acted confused and gave me an envelope with the logo on it).  Another reply was that it is because I booked through a travel agency (I only book using marriott.com as I work for an airline and we do not use a travel agency, we book our own reservations).  Another response was I get credit for the the night towards status but no points (what?!).  I am so frustrated and have sent another reply asking for the matter to be escalated to a manger.  I am so frustrated am considering changing to Hilton.  Just read about how high their customer satisfaction is... I have not had other issues, but this one is so frustrating because it goes back-and-forth and does not make sense at all.  Wondering if this property is a franchise and perhaps that is why this is such a big problem?  Any one else have ideas - I am ready to give up.  It is really only a mater of principle because it is not that many points and just one night!!  Ugh!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Trouble getting credit for a stay?!  Anyone else?
    fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

Sorry to hear about your problem! I've never experienced this and I don't use travel agencies; I book everything myself, either via internet, or telephone conversation with hotel or airline when necessary.

I'm sure you realize that Marriott - nor other hotels -  doesn't post points or nights' stay immediately, but within five days I always receive them in my account.  I check my hotel receipt upon check out to insure that my Marriott card has my reward number posted on it, and on my internet site profile I have requested email confirmation of my hotel stays, which I receive following check out. If I ever have a problem, I fill out a "missing stay" report (on line), and if necessary, either call the hotel, or send to Marriott a copy of my receipt.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

KatieC Member

We can look into this for you, smila33. Please send me a private message with the details of your stay and the best way to reach you.

fschumpert - Thanks for posting this helpful info.

smila33 Platinum

Hi KatieC, I sent you an email but perhaps you meant that I should reply using direct message?  Could you clarify?  Thank you!

Harlan

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

IN my experience that's really unlucky smila, out of 450 nights I think I've only ever had 1 not post. That hotel also wheeled out a variety of excuses to wheedle out of it before eventually agreeing with 5k for my inconvenience.

Marriott stays usually post in a few days, check the international ones because point shorting is a (once or twice a year) issue, but missing stays a real rarity. I wouldn't discount Marriott from my travel plans just for that annoyance...

lakelands Platinum

I booked on the Marriott site, on the 6th July 2016 I stayed from the 18th October to the 15th November 2016 it is now 16 days and I still have no points or nights, I have emailed the Hotel Pattaya Marriott and they said they would fix it up, but to date the 1st December I have had no reply, My other concern is that this Hotel changed brands on the 1st November to AVANI my booking was made and accepted by Marriott, I would hope that Marriott would honour their booking. I rang Marriott rewards in Singapore and they were to say the least Hopeless and gave me know where to turn to. They suggested contact America. Why have a rewards program  listed with Singapore when they not able to answer any questionsas we live in Australia. I also stayed at the Renaisance Hotel in Bangkok for 5 days which is fantastic and look after platinum members and upgraded us to a suite. My points and nights were on my list within 1 day. Has anyone else had a problem like this? with a change of hotel ownership whilst staying there. We were told Marriott would honour our booking.and we only stay at marriott hotels as for us they have been the best

seatexan Platinum

Wow a change of brands in this crazy mix! Maybe one of the mods can take a look at this for you.

If you have the receipt from the hotel that helps. eFolio or a hard copy of it. 

carat and AndrewT

peymanagement Platinum

Let us know how you make out. A lot of folks get shot changed outside USA, If you don't get resolution come back here for support.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi lakelands.  So sorry for the frustration this has caused!  We had been looking into this and had asked for a copy of your folio so we could take a deeper look into this for you.  When you reached out to the hotel, were they able to provide you with a copy of your folio?  If so, please send it my way.  We'll be able to get this all sorted out.  Feel free to let me know of any questions.

Thanks SeaTexan for tagging me in!! 

markiec63 Gold

Good Morning!  I don't mean to piggy back on to this poor person's plight, but I'm also having a little trouble getting Night Credits.  I booked ONE trip through AMEX travel for work, as I've done in the past, but am being told that booking isn't eligible for Points (which I suppose I understand), or night credits.  Marriott.... Get an AMEX! 

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi markiec63!  Hate to hear of the frustrations this has caused!  I'd like to take a look into this for you and have reached out via direct message. 

lakelands Platinum

hi carat can you tell me if i book 3 rooms at a Marriott hotel do i get points and nights thank you lakelands

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi lakelands,

You will earn Elite Nights credit for your the room in which you are staying, however, you can earn Rewards points for your room and up to two additional rooms provided the conditions below are met.

A Member is eligible to receive Points/Miles for a qualifying stay at participating Marriott brand hotels or Ritz-Carlton hotels for his/her room and up to two additional rooms. At least one of the rooms must be reserved and registered in the Member's name and the Member must pay for all rooms, which payment arrangement must be requested at time of hotel check-in. The Member must also stay in one of the rooms. To ensure Points are automatically posted to the correct Membership Account, the Member's Rewards Program Membership Number must be present on his/her room folio and up to two additional rooms, as applicable.

For additional details, see the "Earn Points" section in the Marriott Rewards Terms and Conditions.

Thanks!

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

Just returned from three-night stay at Marriott Boscolo Autograph Hotel in Venice, where I normally stay, which, by the way, was decorated quite nice for Christmas: IMG_3282.JPG

I also stayed at Marco Polo Courtyard at Venice Airport and later at Marriott in Atlanta, and noticed that I received more points for latter two than three nights at Boscolo.  Therefore, I called Marriott guest services, and agent asked me to copy my Boscolo bill and send to her (name in subject line of email) <memberupdates@marriott.com>  which I did, and she corrected it within three days.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...