2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 23, 2014 1:51 PM by curiousone RSS

JW Marriott Desert Ridge

curiousone Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Just spent Friday night at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge to celebrate my birthday. I left work early on Friday and we arrived at the JW about 2:30PM and checked into our room. The hotel was surprisingly busy for a summer (off season) day. They said they had more than 500 rooms booked for the night, without a convention. A lot of kids, so I guess the "family friendly" advertising is paying off for them. We parked ourselves on the patio just before 3PM and waited for the 3PM happy hour to arrive. After an appetizer and a couple of drinks we were presented with a complimentary birthday desert. About 5:30 we wandered over to the patio for Roy's restaurant, at the JW, to listen to the live music and participate in their happy hour. After several appetizers and a couple of drinks we were presented with a Roy's birthday desert. As the sun settled in the west we walked around the property for a while before heading up to our room. When we returned to our room there were 4 chocolate cover strawberries on a plate with a birthday greeting. This morning at breakfast we were presented with our 4th birthday desert! We boxed up that one and brought it home with us.  I'll have to give them an A for effort on this visit! It will be interesting to see what happens when we go back in December, for my wife's B-day.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Phoenix, Arizona, USA JW Marriott JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa
  • Re: JW Marriott Desert Ridge
    ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

curiousone, That is awesome, there is always room for bday desserts! I booked a stay at the Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace for my wife's bday. We not only received an awesome corner junior suite but received a bottle of bubbly and chocolate covered strawberries too! I find at Marriott, if you ask politely and in advance, they go above and beyond. That is one reason why I am so loyal to Marriott.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: JW Marriott Desert Ridge
      curiousone Platinum

I think I would have gladly exchanged a couple of deserts for some Champaign!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...