1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 18, 2014 11:42 AM by arlingtonman RSS

Marriott Rewards or Ritz-Carlton Rewards?

arlingtonman Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Currently I am a Marriott Rewards member but don't have any status (just entry level).  However, over the course of the next three years, I am going to be staying at a Fairfield Inn & Suites for several months at a time and the negotiated rate ($50/night) will be eligible for me to earn rewards points.  I will have 6 stays in total -- each stay is 120 nights.

I plan on using any rewards points accrued at the Ritz-Carlton Central Park (preferred) or Ritz-Carlton Battery Park (if it's that much better of a deal) as I travel to NYC quite frequently and would love to redeem some free nights.  I'm wondering, then, if it is better for me to switch from Marriott Rewards to Ritz-Carlton rewards?   Where could I find out what the redemptions are like for these two properties and how could I estimate the number of points I would accrue under either program?

Thanks,

Arlingtonman

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Rewards or Ritz-Carlton Rewards?
    jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

i thought it was the same thing but im not sure. i would apply for the marriott or ritz carlton credit cards by chase though if you are paying for the reservation and then getting your money reimbursed by the company. you could get a 50k bonus after spending $1k in the first 3 months as well as the 5pnts/$ on the hotel charges to the marriott card as well as the lvl1-4 certificate yearly and earns you silver elite status. Although the ritz card looks nicer it does have a hefty $400 annual fee as oppose to the marriott card which is 85 and its waived for the first year.

Marriott Rewards® Premier

as far as points earned. at $50/night x 120nights= 60,000 base points per stay. after you earn elite status you will get no less than 20% bonus from that.too lazy to do the math for.

if you use the marriot card that earns you points on every dollar including taxes $50+-13%tax=56.5x120= $6780 per stay x5pnts/$=$33,900 points. Plus the 50,000 sign up bonus. So if you pay with the card, get the bonus and elite multiplier you can earn about

160,000 points after you complete your first 120night stay.

as far as ritz carlton redemption i believe they start at around 40kpoints per night most being at 60 or 70k per night. Redeeming with marriott would be much better in my opinion.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...