10 Replies Latest reply: Jul 21, 2014 3:44 AM by kharada46 RSS

Site Issues

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

The specified item was not found. merb NathalieF

I haven't been able to log into Marriott.com or Insiders for the past few hours via Safari.  Anyone else experiencing this issue or is it just me? 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Site Issues
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Might have been down to update the new home page.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

KatieC Member

We're checking on this for you, kharada46!

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

No problems all morning EDT!  Sorry, kharada46, hope you get it back soon.

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

I had the same issues.  In fact, I had written a detailed response to someone's post, and the site had logged me out due to "inactivity".  You can imagine how well that went down.  lol

What I did to finally resolve the issue was to clear my cookies and history; then I was able to log back in.  Otherwise, I just kept getting a blank page.  I am on Chrome but I also tried IE and that didn't work either.

Thanks for the info IAHFLYR, bpelican, and missgee!  I'm actually able to access the site on Firefox, which is what I'm using now.  I'm still unable to access both Marriott.com and Insiders with Safari.  I'm wondering if it's just my computer, but I didn't change anything... well, except updating to the latest version.

KatieC & The specified item was not found. I appreciate it!  If it helps at all, I'm on Safari 7.0.5.  Load times for Marriott.com are incredibly long and field inputs lag considerably.  I've noticed that I'm unable to post reviews on Yelp via Safari as well, but am able to login.  Facebook and Twitter seem to be functioning fine though. 

erc Platinum

As I've written several times before (just this week with the 'Beta' testing of Plus Points), I don't complain about site issues due to my concern that it's most likely my lack of capability.

As a marketing guy though, I will comment that I have read for several years FlyerTalk (several versions) and business and sports blogs and have never seen as many Site issues as our Insider site (three more mentions over there in the right More Like This Column and if you read those links - which marketing guys do - there are at least six more mentions each with numerous participants, many experienced and sophisticated cyber players, highlighting problems).

Often the moderation team/community manager responds quickly, asking for and receiving specifics, and promptly passing it on to the I.T. Team (actually not a wholly owned subsidiary of Marriott, since they outsourced large segments of their I.T. function) and over time the problem subsides, but often without a specific description of the solution (I'm thinking specifically of californian's mail problem).

I'll be curious to see how kharada46's issue is resolved and what/if any KatieC's responsive legwork produces. I comment on this issue because I have come to believe it negatively impacts participation.

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

It absolutely does impact participation, erc.  I have mentioned numerous times the fact that I keep my participation to a minimum because of how frustrated I am with site issues.  I only come here when I feel I have the patience.  lol

KatieC Member

Bummed to hear this, missgee and erc. Definitely sharing all of this feedback and will keep you posted.

Great insight erc.  I agree that our beloved community does suffer from more than its fair share of issues.  It should be like this, and it does impact participation, alas it's something we've just learned to deal with.  I'm happy to report to you, KatieC, The specified item was not found. and everyone else that miraculously, my issue has resolved itself.  How?  I don't know.  Didn't change a thing!  Let's just hope it doesn't happen again! 

KatieC Member

Glad to hear it kharada46, even if it is a mystery. Thanks, as always, for your feedback!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...