2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 21, 2014 1:45 AM by tommo781 RSS

View Bill Facility on TV

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Every Marriott we have used for some time now has had the view bill facility on the TV.  I find this extremely useful, as it means items can be checked as you go along and corrected if necessary.  But I have just returned from a hotel in the UK where the facility was not available.  This was very strange, as the normal Marriott programme was there, and we could see what TV channels were available, the local weather etc etc.  But go to Check Bill, and it said "no items have yet been charged to this room".  Well, after 2 days, I asked at reception, as we thought it must be that something had not been activated when we checked in.  They kindly gave me an up to date printout (and yes there was a mistake that needed correcting) but said the facility was not available in any rooms in the hotel.

Have other MRIs found this?  I think it is most odd when all the other parts of the Marriott package are available.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Waltham Abbey, England, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts Waltham Abbey Marriott Hotel
  • Re: View Bill Facility on TV
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Tommo781,

This feature has been around for a long time at many full service Marriott properties but definitely not all of them.  I don't think I've seen it at any of the non-full service Marriott properties (e.g. Courtyard, Fairfield, Residence Inn).  I do like the feature as you can monitor your billing activity during your stay so there are no unexpected surprises on the morning of your check out.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: View Bill Facility on TV
      tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

This was a full service Marriott.  What I can't understand is that the rest of the Marriott interactive package on the TV, such as alarm call etc, worked fine, but the check bill facility was not active in the hotel at all.  How can just one part of the package be missing?  Surely we would expect it to be all or nothing.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...