27 Replies Latest reply: Oct 4, 2014 1:09 PM by KatieC RSS

Issue with Missing point using Plus Points

capitalraider Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I seem to get credit for very few of my eligible posts. My "friends" on FB and "followers" on twitter are sick of seeing me post Marriott rewards links, pictures and hashtags. My thanks from Points Plus is I  get credit for about 1 in 5 actions. Additionally i am still waiting for my 250 for each like/follow, well after a week. What is up with that? Beta or not, that is not right.

Anyone else having the same issue(s)?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Issue with Missing point using Plus Points
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

capitalraider,

Yes the issue of points not posting for this promotion apparently is still a problem.  I recommend contacting customer service.  Marriott has also just announced changes to this beta program which will make it more difficult to earn the maxium 2000 points per 30 days.   Following properties will now only net you 25 points.  Also if you decide to re-tweet something it has to contain the hashtag #MRpoints.  Under the old rules you could reach the 30 day maxium by taking 8 actions on social media.  Under the new rules you would have to take 80 actions to reach the maxium.  I've decided to give up on this promotion as it is no longer worth the time for me.

pplus.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

KatieC Member

Hi capitalraider, vaboywnder - Sorry to hear you are having trouble! If you earned points and don't see them on your account we can look into that for you. Please send me a private message with your Rewards #.

capitalraider Platinum

Katie, i just sent you a PM

capitalraider Platinum

Katie, any updates?

KatieC Member

You should be all set, capitalraider! Apologies for the delay in my response as I was travelling.

capitalraider Platinum

How should I be all set? I just checked my account and do not see any updates. I tried getting some points this weekend after I had given up and i do not see those in my account either. What am i missing?

KatieC Member

Sorry about that, capitalraider. I thought you were contacted directly but I am checking on it.

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

I sent a PM to joshm last week and nobody from Marriott contacted me directly.  I'm still missing points from before the program changes were made.  Since then, I have liked, followed, and checked-in following the new program guidelines, and still no points.  Beta or no beta, this is the worst promotion ever and IMHO reflects very poorly of Marriott!

robefran Silver

I just sent you a direct message as well.

robefran Silver

I do not see a direct message...do you mean via marriott rewards insiders?  Where would I find it? 

KatieC Member

Just wrote you back, thanks robefran!

tommo781 Silver 8 Reviews

To be honest, from what I have read, this promotion has been a disaster from start to finish.  No way to treat your best customers!

According to the new rules, only a social  check-in will get you points on facebook.  So, I was a bit surprised when I saw this posted on The Lodge at Sonoma Rennaissance Hotel's facebook page a few minutes ago:

Want to stay with us again? We¹re now rewarding you with Marriott Rewards Plus Points every time you share one of our Facebook posts. Earn bonus points for liking Renaissance Hotels on Facebook. Register here: http://renho.tl/PlusPointsFB

It appears that even the participating properties are confused over the rules of this promotion. Any thoughts,The specified item was not found. or KatieC?

KatieC Member

Eagle eyes is what they should call you, muppetwrangler! It does look like there might be some confusion. We'll share this with the hotel team directly and will share any feedback here.

Thanks!   Also, did they change the rules yet again?  Step 2 clearly states that you can earn points for following a social profile on facebook.  However, if you look at the overview chart, it shows social check-in only for facebook.  Am I reading it wrong?  Maybe I need another coffee??

Marriott Rewards - Plus Points

Message was edited by: muppetwrangler

erc Platinum

Yeah, and there just may be some issues in signing up for health care insurance also. KatieC, you and The specified item was not found. are a pleasure to work with. When you guys finish/survive this gig, nothing will be able to stand in your way of success.

Keep on keepin' on.

platinumstar Platinum 3 Reviews

I am exactly the same, I got the points once and have re liked on FB (about a 2 month gap) and received nothing, i think its a con

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...