7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 17, 2014 9:11 AM by iahflyr RSS

Bethesda, Marriott - Pooks Hill Road

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I stay at the Bethesda Marriott on Pooks Hill Road and Rockville Pike frequently.  I also have friends who live in nearby condos, and just recently heard that this property may be replaced by an apartment complex?.

It is unclear whether Quadrangle Development will build on a small sliver of land between the hotel and the nearby condos, or whether they will replace this Marriott as well.

Has anyone heard anything about this?

At this point its before the zoning board about how much green space there needs to be (always enjoyed this Bethesda location for it green space,and access to the metro) with very reasonable rates for the Metro DC area).

p.s. In adding this property tag for the post, it is classified as Bethesda, but according to the zoning board and walk score ratings, this property is North Bethesda, just like the conference cetner

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Bethesda, Maryland, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Bethesda Marriott
  • Re: Bethesda, Marriott - Pooks Hill Road
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Welcome back GemPrincess, long time to see and we have missed you.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Thanx pluto77,

Glad to be back!

My dad was sick and died, and now we are dealing with the estate.

Between that and work, haven't had much time.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

I am very saddened to read this, GemP.  I remember you going to visit him last year.  I hope you have and continue to receive all manner of comfort and support.

My dad is dying too.  It is heartbreaking.

But I was wondering what may have happened to you and am glad you are alive and well (under the circumstances).

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

So sorry to read of your loss and prayers for comfort.  Estate dealings can be a huge hassle hopefully your Dad's will be smooth and get resolved quickly.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

I cannot respond to the subject matter, but it is very nice to see a post from you, GemPrincess.  Hope you are doing well.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

GemPrincess,

I also know nothing about the topic you posted but like others wanted to say Welcome Back!  Sorry to hear about your Dad but glad to hear that you are ok.

erc Platinum

GemPrincess

Great to have you back in the swim. Best wishes for going forward an all the issues you're dealing with.

The property was just purchased last fall by a group who had actually owned it earlier in the century. When they bought it they had said they were going to renovate it (I haven't been out there recently - so don't know if it's started) and continue to have it operate as a Marriott (since they were working with the Marriott team in design).

I lived in the Promenade just up the hill and I too enjoy that area. I've got a buddy who's working on the White Flint redevelopment. I'll touch base with him and if hear anything different, I give you a heads up.

It's good hearing from you again. Take care.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...