2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 20, 2014 5:25 AM by brightlybob RSS

Edinburgh transportation

dsquare Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I'll be staying at Dalmahoy next month.  I'm not renting a car. What's the best way to get to the hotel from Edinburgh airport and to and from Edinburgh?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Edinburgh transportation
    shashack Platinum 4 Reviews

I Cannot address transportation from the airport but when we stayed we used the bus to get into towN.  The front desk gave us a schedule and even provided exact change for fare.  It picked us up at the property entrance, was clean and easy to use.   Enjoy your stay, it was a great property and Edinburgh is fantastic.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Edinburgh transportation
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

From the airport to the Dalmahoy is a taxi journey I'm afraid. Although I've stayed at the Dalmahoy on several occasions I've never done so from the airport, always the train station. I'd estimate the taxi fare at about £25.

You should be aware, without a car you'll be relying on taxis at the Dalmahoy as it's a country club and hence pretty isolated. Theres also has the very ordinary Marriott (great lounge though) that although not central is next to the new tram system running between the airport and the city centre making transport simple, or the Autograph which is right in the city centre. Finally for longer stayers there's the Residence Inn near the student area on the edge of the city centre...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...