21 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2014 4:42 PM by erc RSS

Travel Trends - Chasing the Boomer Travel Dollar

erc Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

With much of our discussion about the aggressive behavior of Loyalty Programs and companies pursuing the much desired millennials, here's some interesting movement chasing the Boomer dollar. I have an associate (not quite friend, but more than an acquaintance ) who is a Virtuoso travel agent who has sent me packages for several years and I must admit, I'm getting closer as I lean toward less 'Program Loyalty' and less interest in master planning everything (for example, look at the Australian package in the Boomers Hit the Road in Style).

Oh well, interesting stuff - granted, due to my inability to properly post; A) you get the Atlantis/Sorenson bonus and B) my Boomer stuff may disappear by time you see this,  (apparently another indication of one more reason why yours truly is doing less 'master planning' ). But in case you get to actually see what I discussed, enjoy.

Atlantis resort joins Marriott portfolio - CNBC

Now, because I lack the computer skills of proper linking - look to the bottom right for these two videos

Boomers Boost Luxury Travel Biz

Boomers Hit the Road in Style

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Travel Trends - Chasing the Boomer Travel Dollar
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Since another video has been added only one of them is at the bottom right, so please allow the other geezer to link it for all to see!!

MORE Character Designs for Rocketshark Ringtones.

Boomers hit the road in style | Watch the video - Yahoo News

Boomers boost luxury travel biz - Video on NBCNews.com

There is also interesting information on airlines that I'll have to take watch after the car is washed.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

"...aging boomers..."    But, hey, it beats the heck out of the alternative! To meldaphrase the Doctor and Mr Skynard, "Keep rockin' that travelin' Jones, my fellow babies!" (That's for erc, the Grand Nagus of pop culture reference.)

meldaphrase -ed -sing v. To paraphrase two or more sources jointly; to combine paraphrased quotations in a single thought or expression. First known usage: about 38 seconds ago.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Companies went from chasing Boomers to chasing Millennials. Somehow my generation (stuck between these two) got passed over. Generation X is now reaching prime earning years and the vast majority of companies don't seem to care. Retirement is still about 20 years away but we're no longer cool enough for the marketing folks.

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

erc   Interesting post! Thanks for sharing!

erc Platinum

Hey hijackers, this is a thread about the rare occurrence of firms actually chasing the much maligned Boomer dollar. Learn it, know it, live it. THAT'S THE FACT, JACK!

fellow pop culture vagabonds - inform katiec, everything's fine, we don't want her losing her 'spunk'

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Lighten up Francis!!

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

erc does have an excellent point. Back to the original premise, Boomers have the time and money to travel and companies that ignore them to chase Millennials are missing out. I believe one of the videos suggested that companies assume that older travelers are set in their ways and are unlikely to change. How many threads have we seen about the eroding of benefits (FF or otherwise) causing otherwise loyal travelers to look to competitors.

Whatever your generation, if you don't feel companies are loyal to you, why should you be loyal to them.

<cue the ominous music>

Go ahead Marriott, reach out to those young travelers and encourage them to be loyal MR members. Don't forget that they have neither the time or the money to travel as much as older folks do. Ignore that demographic at your own peril.

Now back to the 80s flashbacks that have hijacked this thread.

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

Thank you, sir. May I have another? [whop] Thank you, sir. May I have another? [whop] Thank you, sir. May I have...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...