13 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2014 5:49 PM by onlymarriott RSS

Insiders...Welcome Our Friend From Sweden!

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hey gang!!

I'm not sure if everyone noticed but we have a new Insider from Stockholm,Sweden!.. 

falcon71

He shared a post on the Where was your last Marriott stay and were you upgraded to a Suite???   thread with what has to be a record string of upgrades. We need friends in Sweden. Make sure you send this young fella a warm  welcome.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Insiders...Welcome Our Friend From Sweden!
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

pp,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Welcome falcon!

Only been to you country once, but greatly enjoyed it!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

erc Platinum

Yeah, yeah, yeah, welcome to Insiders, and all that jazz falcon71.

With the tremendous success you've had with upgrades   Re: Where was your last Marriott stay and were you upgraded to a Suite???  

I'll now be known as erc eriksson .  Good to have you on board. Be sure to share some of your adventures.

falcon71 Platinum

Thank you all! - nice to feel welcome

all the best from stockholm

chris

gm1 Gold 1 Reviews

falcon71

Welcome to Marriott Insiders!  It will be good opportunity for many of us to learn about Sweden.

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Welcome to the community falcon71!!

falcon71 Platinum

not much of Marriott hotels in sweden ( only  Stockholm and  Malmö ) but of course im here if you have anything on your mind regarding sweden

happy summer to you

chris

erc Platinum

falcon71

Stockholm Courtyard view.jpg

Top floor Courtyard Stockholm - and I was thrilled

Malmo.jpg

Corner room Malmo Renaissance - and I was thrilled             

Am I shooting too low?  Your Swedish expertise will be greatly appreciated, especially if it approaches your "Magic Touch" when it comes to upgrades.

You killed them in Florida, and late June is not necessarily a dead time (I've seen deals in early June, but not this late).
      Can you share some insights, specifically (in order of attendance); Biscayne Bay, JW Marquis Miami, Turnberry Isle (this one really impresses me), Ritz in Lauderdale (Ritz? what Marriott traveler other than The Shoe gets Ritz upgrades?!)  and Palm Beach/Singer Island.  Other than your Swedish charm, what do you attribute your remarkable streak of upgrades to?  Thanks, an admirer

very nice upgrades last trip !! - all the best from sweden

• Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa 06/23/14 - 06/25/14 - to a 2 bedroom ocean view
      • The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale 06/22/14 - 06/23/14 - to a ocean view
      • Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection 06/21/14 - 06/22/14 - to a 1600 square feet tower suite

• JW Marriott Marquis Miami06/20/14 - 06/21/14 - to Junior suite

• Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay06/19/14 - 06/20/14 - to a 1 bedroom suite

falcon71 Platinum

Hi erc

the only thing i can say is that the shorter stay the better upgrade - almost every upgrade was already made the day before arrival what i could see with the marriott app - so the swedish charm i dont know

Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa - to a 2 bedroom ocean view

we were traveling 2 adults and a 4 year old - i put 3 people in the reservation - maybe thats why we got upgrade to 2 bedroom  - not that much people at the hotel

The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale - to a ocean view,

at the ritz I asked for a room with king and sofa bed,or 2 quuen  but they wanted  $300 extra and we got this room with one king,

Turnberry Isle Miami - same here put 3 in the reservation - very much people at the hotel

JW - 3 people in resv - also plenty of people, when i checked in, large groups with hotels.com bookings and problems with diffrent rooms

Miami Biscayne - upgrade at check in - very very much people - i think they ran out of 2 queen rooms and gave us the suite

all te best// Chris

erc Platinum

Thanks Chris for the follow up.

Ok, to summarize;

1) stay at hotels one night at a time

2) get yourself a 4 year old

3) order kingkamea's flowers

Yeah baby, we're talkin' upgrade (don't let the child eat the flowers).

Keep on keepin' on falcon71

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Welcome to MI falcon71, nice to have a Swedish connection to call upon other than erc Eriksson!!!

My great Grandparents were from Karlstad yet I've only been to Sweden once long ago in 1969, must return one day. Grandparents then taught me early on to like Sill......to this day much against Mrs. IAH's desire I will grab a jar at the market and have it in the fridge until I've consumed all of the wonderful pieces.

And we have my Grandma's Swedish Meatball recipe that we use once a year during the Christmas Holidays.

You'll enjoy the gang as I already see you're getting to know, so please continue to share your experiences from the homeland and more.

KatieC Member

Welcome, falcon71! One of my best friends is from Sweden and I am hoping to visit one of these days. Looking forward to conversing with you here on Insiders.

onlymarriott Platinum 3 Reviews

welcome

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...