10 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2014 8:39 AM by KatieC RSS

Touring Boston with my 14 year old grandson. Please share - top five destinations in Boston?

abash Gold
Currently Being Moderated

This tour is grandson's reward for completing middles school. He's into sports so this is a baseball tour. We have been routing for the home team and so far are 3 for 3 - last night cheered on the BoSox to a come-from-behind walk-off victory!

Today we show grandson Boston.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
  • Re: Touring Boston with my 14 year old grandson. Please share - top five destinations in Boston?
    bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Favorite sights for Grandkids in or around Boston:  Lexington/Concord; Salem Witch Museum, etc; Plymouth Rock; Cape Cod cruise from Plymouth; Boston Garden; Boston Historical Tours.  Of course, it depends on the time you have available.  They are all well received by Grandkids.  Good luck.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Touring Boston with my 14 year old grandson. Please share - top five destinations in Boston?
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I would definitely add Fenway Park if you have a chance -- not only to see the game but because of the historical importance of the field.  I agree with jerryl -- the Museum of Science is really above and beyond most of its kind.  Lexington and Concord for sure, and also East Boston and Paul Revere's house.  Personally, I'm not a fan of the Salem Witch Museum .

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Too many too choose, but (since you already got Fenway - good choice) I'd consider:

• The Constitution - Old Ironsides (if you stay at the Residence Inn walking distance from there, the water taxi to/from Logan Airport is also a fun tourist option)...
    • Aquarium - originally one of the nation's first GREAT aquariums, since expanded/improved....
    • JFK Library - even if you only scratch the surface quickly, a walk through is a sublime snapshot of history, and the glass atrium is one of my favorite Boston photo ops
    • Bunker Hill monument - my favorite from when I was kid up there - simple, but a wonderful story - if you have a car, consider Lexington Green in addition/instead
    • Faneuil Hall lunch (and street performances)...  Something for everyone....
    • Other to consider - may or may not work for you
      • rent a kayak/canoe on the Charles - or, if it makes more sense - rent a bike, or, at a minimum walk the paths....
      • Boston Science Museum - the walk there is great, and there's something for everyone...
      • walk the North End and choose a restaurant - don't stop at the first one

KatieC Member

This post makes me smile, abash.

What a wonderful experience for your grandson! He is lucky to have you and I am sure this will be a memorable trip that he will not forget! Please let us know how the itinerary came together. I've only been to Boston once and must return soon.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...