9 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2014 12:38 PM by debbiebrown RSS

Fort Lauderdale restaurants

mainelee Silver
Currently Being Moderated

We are visiting Fort Lauderdale in April.  Looking for restaurant sugestions within walking distance of the Marriott Beach Towers.

Thanks.

• Re: Fort Lauderdale restaurants
    debbiebrown Platinum 6 Reviews

I would like to jump in on that question too! We will be there March 31 at the Beach Towers!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

rbmia Platinum

I don't know any I would say I would walk to, but Las Olas Blvd is a few minutes drive, has a number of restaurants to choose from.  Rocco's Taco's and YOLO are two popular restaurants I enjoyed a number of times. Then for any true meatball lover there is Cafe Martorano on Oakland blvd and the ocean (about 4 miles north of the hotel).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

erc Platinum

Just down the road (south of you) I had a nice waterfront lunch at H2O Bar and Grill. And for quite casual, Lulu's Bait Shack right there on the shopping center has always been a decent burger type meal with a view of the blvd and ocean.  Like rbmia, I often went into Las Olas or up on Sunrise to the Galleria Mall (Seasons 52 is nice, but there are several there).  Back to walking distance, I also had a good lunch at Casablanca Cafe and a very nice meal with an ocean view (noting a trend, yet? ) at Steak 954, ($$$$).

Don't forget to check out the water taxi which is walking distance and can take you to several excellent restaurants, north and south (I did that often). And this property often offers strong Marriott Rewards Exclusive Offers (in your Promotions in your Account) thru June, so if you're not an owner, keep checking for those deals (there is a current one, but it's only thru August (good tho as an example), but they often run a Feb thru early June; Sundays -Thursdays; so April fits right in there (and if you're not Sun-Thurs - mix and match days).

Enjoy

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I agree with erc on the  water taxi.  If is cheap if you just pay for the week, if you will be there that long.  You can go to many good restaurants.  I didn't know about the specials.  I will need to look for them.  I like the Florida beach.

Great help erc. Copied and pasted to my Trip It! Love the water taxi idea and will keep an eye out for promotions! Do you know of any seafood buffets in the area...not necessarily walking...will drive for food!!

erc Platinum

I don't know of any buffets off the top of my head, but back in the day before the food nazi, who I call Mrs., frowned upon my consumption habits , I had a few good times with the seafood platter/combo at Kelly's Landing Seafood Restaurant it might be worth a look.

Another great suggestion!

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

As I remember the Water taxi picks up at the Beach Place.  The price keeps getting better as you buy more days.  Once bought, you can come and go as you please.  You can take it to get groceries and other shopping as well as restaurants.  Pretty much all restaurants have valet parking and taking the taxi can save more than it costs.  Also, it is nice to just sit relax and enjoy the sail getting there.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...