4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2014 10:35 AM by shashack RSS

More Airfare Fees Coming

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Looks like we'll be getting more fees tacked on plane reservations.

Airline ticket prices will rise on July 21- MSN Money

I'm sure some airlines will increase their fare and blame it on the Feds.

hand thumbs down thumbs up on this cartoon hand sporting a thumbs down ...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: More Airfare Fees Coming
    kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

I think this is bologna!  And I don't get why passengers with long layovers should suffer... Especially on domestic flights, if they remain airside, then they don't have to go through security again.  Makes absolutely no sense at all.  I think this new system is just blatant theft.  A slight increase in the Fed gas tax would be more understandable than this...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I totally agree, yet our gov't has long funded many things far away from aviation using the Aviation Trust Fund so you figure it all out. 

superchief1, I hope so too however; my guess is that will not happen unless Ralph Nadar does it.

superchief1 Platinum

I guess I had assumed that all of the fees had to be used specifically for TSA and other air transportation issues. It now appears it is also funding the notorious 'general fund'. So much for a democracy with 'no taxation without representation'.

shashack Platinum 4 Reviews

Just another in the long list of hidden taxes imposed on us by government.  They hide them by forcing businesses to collect and remit.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...