4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 28, 2014 9:38 PM by paal RSS

Reward benefits .. and who doesn't offer within the Marriott brand ?

paal Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hey all,

I just registered on this forum, so sorry if this has been answered before. I am on a slow internet line from my cabin and don't have patient or bandwidth to search right now ... /

I recently stayed at a Courtyard hotel and was pretty surprised that the breakfast was not included in the room charge, neither was a room upgrade (I got the platinum welcome gift though .. a Snickers chocolate bar). I have been platimum member for a while and always thought these things were included as one of the benefits.Not a big deal actually, but fair should be fair. And for keeping to a brand I think you should get the benfits they say they offer.

I am going to travel for some weeks again pretty soon and need to book my stay. Besides from Courtyard, are there other brands within the Marriott chain who doesn't give the reward benefits? In other words, are there more brands I should avoid while searching and booking?

Thanks in advance.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Reward benefits .. and who doesn't offer within the Marriott brand ?
    kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Welcome to the community Paal!  

This topic is one that has been discussed in many shapes and forms over the years.  While Courtyard doesn't offer breakfast as an elite benefit or a benefit of staying in general, the other brands often have inconsistent offers.  It's really up to the individual property to live up to what's promised us under Marriott Rewards, so there may/will be times that you run across a property that simply doesn't do this. 

That being said, anytime a property is a "resort" whether it be a JW, a Marriott, or even a Courtyard, then our Elite benefits regarding lounges/breakfasts becomes void.  Hope this helps! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

paal Platinum 1 Reviews

Thanks for the reply kharanda46

Courtyard is not an alternative for me anymore, but there are lots of others to choose from

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Paal,

Welcome to Insiders and enjoy your cabin, sounds like your internet is similar to what Marriott offers so when you start traveling you'll be right at home!! LOL

Just in case you did not get the word, Platinum Arrival gifts at just about every full service Marriott have been taken away and you will now get 500 points or a $10 food/bev voucher.  There are still a few rouge properties that offer the arrival gift but they are few and far between.

paal Platinum 1 Reviews

I have a low level reward account at Hilton Honors. Usually I use to live at Hilton when there are no Marriott hotels in the neighbourhood.

I just booked us in at a Hilton hotel for us this time (3 rooms x 14 nights = 42 nigths).

Why did I choose Hilton this time? Because I am very curious on seeing how we are treated there, compared to on Marriott (and especially Courtyard). None of us have higher level than Silver at Hilton. So, being a Platinum level customer at the Marriott chain, I will be very dissappointed (but at the same time happy) if they treat us better "over there"

We ordered 7 days each in 2 different cities as well, makes us able to at least get a pretty objective view on the kind of service they offer

However .. in Asia and Middle East, the Marriott hotels are still our first choice!! There you are always treated like a king or a queen when you arrive

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...