4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 6, 2014 6:56 AM by kharada46 RSS

Do I earn the normal 10 points per dollar for my wedding that I'm having at Marriott in Sonoma

sfcitygirk Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

we just got engaged and we just signed a contract to hold our wedding at The Lodge in Sonoma!  The location is beautiful, staff seems excellent and I'm very excited.  I am a Gold Elite member with a Marriott Rewards Visa.  So I'm trying to figure out if points are tallied the normal way with my wedding (I'm spending a lot) or is it a different system. 

the Marriott earn rewards page specifically states that you earn 10 points for every dollar spent (Notice they do not specify a roommate as the other categories do)

EARN 10 MARRIOTT REWARDS POINTS OR UP TO 2 AIR MILES PER US DOLLAR SPENT AT:

JW Marriott Hotels and Resorts - Luxury Hotel ResortsAutograph Collection - Luxury Boutique HotelsRenaissance Hotels - Stylish HotelsMarriott Hotels and Resorts - Marriott Flagship HotelMarriott Vacation Club

So, so ok I'm thinking we spend 20k. We should receive for every dollar spent = 10 pts + 5 pts for MR Visa.  Then we receive the 50k events bonus on top of that. 

Can anyone confirm if this is correct?

thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Do I earn the normal 10 points per dollar for my wedding that I'm having at Marriott in Sonoma
    KatieC Member

Hi SFCitygirk, Check out this link for more information on Rewards on group bookings. If you don't find what you need then you can send me any specific questions and I will reach out to the team at Marriott Rewards.

http://www.marriott.com/meeting-event-hotels/rewards.mi

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Do I earn the normal 10 points per dollar for my wedding that I'm having at Marriott in Sonoma
    kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

SFCitygirk,

Congrats!  What you can do is book your banquet as one event and a room block as a separate event.  The property may or may not let you do this, but it at leasts breaks up the spending into "2 separate" events.  That way, you can earn all the points for your event at a rate of 3pts/$.  Either way you will earn 5pts/$ on your Marriott Visa charges. 

I got married at the JW Marriott Ihilani last August and earned over 40,000 pts on the ceremony/reception, 26,000 pts on the 4 rooms we had (not a separate event block) inclusive of the Platinum bonus & welcome amenity, and nearly 60,000 pts on Marriott spend on the Visa.  Used all the points accumulated from the wedding alone to pay for half of the hotel nights on my honeymoon  

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...