1 Reply Latest reply: May 18, 2015 10:09 AM by ramoneur RSS

Mis-billed meals

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Not sure what forum to park this in, so....

How do the hotels verify a room number when people charge a meal? I just checked out of the Pattaya Marriott Royal Garden. When they handed me my bill there was a $12 entry for breakfast. I didn't eat any breakfast. They removed it from my bill without much fuss, but it left me wondering how to prevent that. I was only there 2 days so it stuck out. But if I had been at a property for 2 or 3 weeks and eaten a dozen meals, an extra meal or two thrown in might have missed my scrutiny. This clearly was someone who went in for breakfast and invented a room number (or just transposed digits) to charge the meal.

Do the hotels have standard processes to verify identity and room num

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Mis-billed meals
    ramoneur Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

...I always have to give my room number AND my last name;

I guess this is how they check it;

however, if somebody uses both your room number and the correct last name...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...