4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 5, 2014 1:47 PM by KatieC RSS

How quickly is a status change recognized?

oxymoronic Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I am about to embark on a lot of travel with 6 different stays planned between now and end of August.   During this time, I will hit Platinum Elite.   Upon reaching status, how quickly is this recognized on the system?   In one scenario, I could well technically hit PE after checking out of one hotel but be checking into another hotel the next day.   I'm guessing by the time I check in I will still be Gold on the system but hopefully be recognized as Platinum 4 days later when I check out of that next hotel.

I'm assuming that I have zero chance of receiving the Platinum Gift upon checking in.

I'm assuming that I should be credited with the Platinum bonus miles irrespective given I will be technically Platinum upon checking in (even if it's not recognized on the system).   Is this a fair expecation or is it based upon status at check-in?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How quickly is a status change recognized?
    jmart Member

An early congrats to you on reaching Platinum Elite! I will look into this very good question and get back in touch as soon as I have an answer for you.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

Having watched my profile online in the past (where a stay put me at the next tier requirement for status), it happens concurrently, i.e., hit 25 or more - Silver, post goes to 50 or more - Gold, post reaches 75 or more - Platinum. The front desk will see this as soon as you do on your profile.

Suggestion - if you are about to stay at a hotel that will put you at/above 75 by check-out, then by all means at check-in, tell the front desk you will be a Platinum by the end of your stay - and they will likely honor it upon arrival.

Almost always my nights have posted within one business day (or over the weekend).

jlsmith Platinum 14 Reviews

Congratulations!

I suggest that after you finish the stay that gives you the requisite number of nights (on the day of checkout), call Marriott Rewards and ask them to upgrade you in their system. That way your status upgrade will show when you check in to the next hotel.

I've always found Marriott Rewards personnel to be very responsive.

Enjoy!

KatieC Member

Hi oxymoronic, jmart looked into this for you and your status should be upgraded as soon as the qualifying stays are posted to your account (usually within a couple of days). If it happens during your upcoming stay then you will receive the appropriate Elite bonus when the stay posts. Can you send me a direct message with your Rewards number and the best way to reach you?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...