11 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2014 6:55 PM by iahflyr RSS

Marriott Marco Island- resort fee...what's included?

aje5837 Silver 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

This summer I'll be staying at the Marco Island Marriott.  I just saw on the web-site that a resort fee of $25/day will be charged starting on July 7th.  Does anyone know what this resort fee includes?

This will be our first trip to Marco Island....anyone have any good suggestions (food, things to do, etc.)?? 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Marco Island, Florida, USA
  • Re: Marriott Marco Island- resort fee...what's included?
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

These fees are nothing but profit. It's been said over and over again...they should just be part of the room charge, but like the airlines, they hide this extra cash as a "fee".

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

rbmia Platinum

I stayed there a few times.  The hotel is nice and it has a very large beach area.

Not sure what the resort fees are for.  They have a nice pool area and spa.  Most of the fees are for things a gold/platinum get for free like internet service and water bottles.

This is a laid back town with not too many nice restaurant choices (I'm from Miami where there are too many choices).  We like CJ's which is 10 minutes away.  It is in a complex with a few other restaurants which are all pretty good. There are a few places right across the street from the hotel which were average at best.

blava007 Platinum

rbmia 

WOW, I’m totally taken by your comment; “Most of the fees are for things a gold/platinum get for free like internet service and water bottles.

The MRI gold/platinum members know that is NOT the case at all.  

rbmia Platinum

Like I stated to start the paragraph... "Not sure what the resort fees are for."  Please tells us what the $25 resort fee covers, since I also get this fee at a number of hotels and do not see any extra resort style benefit

blava007 Platinum

Our friend painedplatinumhas  has a simple, but in reality the best answer.  "These fees are nothing but to hide additional charges, but as we all know, many of the resorts have "resort fees". .

rbmia Platinum

Please let us know what the resort fees included.  Most hotels just say that there is a resort charge, but the Marco Island hotel says it is a $154 value.  I'm interested to know what they are now providing.  Thanks.

erc Platinum

$25 daily buys the following each day the fee is paid;

Enhanced speed internet

local and long distance phone calls within US

Golf practice range - golf balls and clubs

shuttle to golf course

one beach umbrella

one hour of non-motorized water vehicle (kayak, canoe etc)

two bottles of water

two under 12 year old kids breakfast with one purchased adult breakfast

FYI and YMMV (your mileage may vary - to avoid overloading the acronym machine) - I have found whereas in the majority of cases the resort fee is like painedplatinum and blava have suggested, just a profit builder; in the rare cases where something of value is actually offered, those were the best places for having them waived for Platinum, non pre-teen children, non golfing travelers like myself.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

aje5837,

Make sure to enjoy a nice lunch or happy hour experience on the patio at http://www.cjsonthebay.com/.   We get to Marco Island probably four times a year and have yet to find another other than exceptional food, drink and service at CJ's.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...