5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 12, 2014 9:24 AM by debbiebrown RSS

Using Vacation Club Points for Airline Tickets

mvcichallenged Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Has anybody had success doing this? Just spend about 40 minutes on hold and being blind transferred, and then was told that for I can exchange 4500 VCPs for 5 tickets to Costa Rica, if I also paid $3,150.

I asked her to check again because this is such a terrible exchange, but she said it was correct.  Why would anybody exchange so many points for so little?

Any better options? Considering converting for Marriott Reward Points and using them for a travel package which appears a better option.

Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Using Vacation Club Points for Airline Tickets
    laketahoe Platinum 3 Reviews

Were you transferred to I.C.E. and talked to one their agents.  My wife and I also tried to use our VCP for airline tickets and came to the conclusion that it is not worth it.  Same with exchanging VCP for a cruise.  I.C.E. tacks on other charges.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mvcichallenged Gold

Yes, ICE. Thank you. No way to even estimate what the conversion would be, but will not try again for air, or cruise. May be wrong, but seems only worthwhile use of VCPs is at one of the 50 Marriott VC resorts.

debbiebrown Platinum 6 Reviews

Interesting to know. I have glanced at the cruises and it does seem like allllooootttt of points to use. I think converting points to reward points and being able to purchase a hotel and flight package is the best bang for the buck......but our problem is we don't need hardly any, if at all...5 or 7 night hotel stays when we have all the MVC weeks and points to use.

By the way...I like your name "Tahoe"

shashack Platinum 4 Reviews

I agree with the prior comments about value.  The exchange for airline tickets vs. using points for a property just doesn't match up.  That said it is always nice to have another option and it is better to use it for a bad exchange than no exchange at all.

debbiebrown Platinum 6 Reviews

May take em to the grave   I have trouble knowing what to do with excess weeks or destination points......convert weeks to Destination Points or to Reward Points.....always the dilemma....oh what to do!? Want to use our "money" to its best advantage.....

Again my tail of woe. Had my weeks and points to use during my vacation time from work....then us nurses lost half our vacay time with the last contact.....thus taking away 5 weeks of my time off....now I have this Marriott stuff to burn up somehow!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...