10 Replies Latest reply: Jul 7, 2014 9:33 AM by KatieC RSS

Platinum Arrival Gift

jcampbell Platinum 35 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Curious question as it does not happen to me very often.  I am staying at the Henry Autograph Hotel in Dearborn MI.  It is a nice hotel but they were swamped when I checked in yesterday (Friday).  The woman at the desk was by herself.  She quickly checked me in offered me breakfast vouchers (Platinum Premier) and said thank you.  I thought that it was off she said nothing of the gift.  I went back down the next morning to ask about it and she was there again.  I asked why I was not offered it and she told me she just gave me the points, no apology nothing.  Having been Platinum the last 12 years I can count on one hand how often this happens and usually I am called as soon as I get to my room to apologize and ask what I would like and usually receive both points and a gift.  This woman saw no need.  At this point I am curious what the group would say I do besides just suck it up and chalk it up to poor customer service at the Henry?  Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Arrival Gift
    superchief1 Platinum

I was at the Marriott Towson Conference Center last week and was never offered my Platinum arrival gift bonus. This has become the norm for me, and I still haven't had points posted so I don't even know if I received the 500 bonus points.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

KatieC Member

Hi jcampbell - I'm new to the team here in Connecticut. I'll be working with jmart, The specified item was not found. and merb.  We'll definitely share your feedback in the hopes that this is not the norm. I will inquire to understand the protocol and get back to you with the details. superchief1 - I will check on yours. Send me a private message with the details of your stay that didn't post, along with your Rewards #. Thank you!

KatieC Member

jcampbell - The Property Support Department has been notified, and this is definitely not the norm! They'd like to contact you directly if you can send me your information and Rewards# via private message.

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

sorry to get off topic here, but, welcome aboard, KatieC - and, yes, we did notice that you engaged promptly and followed up on an Insider complaint within the hour....

We look forward to hearing from you - and, while I can't speak for everyone - most of us apologize in advance if we make you crazy...

All BS aside, thanks in advance for your participation...

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

Every time that I checked into a Marriott property, since becoming platinum, I have been offered a choice.  If someone treated me as you were treated, I would have spoken to the property manager.

I have rarely received poor service at any Marriott property and can count on the fingers of one hand, the number of times that I complained and did not receive a satisfactory response.

jcampbell Platinum 35 Reviews

Photourist - I agree the vast majority of the time the service is spotless and appreciated.  Did not happen at this property.  I usually do not hesitate to find a manager but when I went back the next day and the same women was there and quoted policy on late check out but said I gave you points for the arrival I gave up.  Believe it is a management issue.

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

jcampbell,  I have, on a few occasions(very few),  experienced poor service that could not be straightened out at the hotel.  On one occasion, during an energy crisis, the hotel actually wanted to impose an energy surcharge on my bill, even though I had a confirmed rate without such a charge.  I called Marriott HQ and when it was time to check out, the surcharge had been deleted from my bill.

I have stayed with Marriott for more than 48 years.  My first stay, on my wedding night,

came when there were only three Marriott hotels in the world.  During that time, I have usuallybeen impressed by the service, in general.  What has amazed me, has been the way Marriott reacts when problems occur.

erc Platinum

20140704_141647_resized.jpg

First Marriott - Twin Bridges (torn down)

Second Marriott - Key Bridge - here's our view from the 2nd Marriott for tonight's 4th of July Fireworks Celebration

Marriott shoots....and scores!   Thank you Marriott (and Ms. K)

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Well, we're closer to the action, but our view is not nearly as nice! The plan is to head down and join the crowd.

KatieC Member

Aw, thanks ssindc! I'm really enjoying this forum, and thank YOU in advance for your patience while I learn the ropes.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...