5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 29, 2016 2:59 PM by wesleywc RSS

HDMI Input - Not working or disabled?

clintium Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Staying at the Marriott Augusta. Just spent 15 minutes working with one of the "engineers" on hooking up a Wii to the TV.

Clearly the direct input won't work. That could cause a loss of profit, right? Or maybe it's to prevent someone from "messing with settings" as some representatives are quick to suggest... Regardless Marriott took a solid approach of installing a "Jack Pack" that should allow you to input whatever you want through their system.

Sadly, after half an hour of trying (and I'm tech savvy - hooking up a video game system does not take me half an hour), I am forced to admit that Marriott has purchased a TV that is immune to external input. The "engineer" even brought in a special tool to disconnect the coax cable. We were basically working with a completely bare tv not connected to anything. No dice.

It's pretty frustrating to be such a consistent customer to Marriott and not be able to use a simple service like an HDMI cord. I get it, we all want to make money. But legitimately blocking user input is garbage.

Rant: over.

It would be great to have a marriott rep address this.

Edit: Check out this link for a lengthy discussion: http://upgrd.com/blogs/trebuchet/marriott-digital-tv.html

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: HDMI Input - Not working or disabled?
    bcapollo Platinum

Thanks for saving me the time of getting a tool to disconnect the coax...it's all I have left after everything thing else... Useless "engineering" support, Cables, codes, resets, key combos, cell phone remote apps... Unbelievable BS... I'm trying to work on a screen I can see to WORK. I moved my room last time to an older LCD TV.. Now most TVs are updated making it harder to work in room.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

my last stay at the marriott marquis in San Francisco i had bought a wii U and had no problem hooking it up. They even had a little box attached to the table with the inputs so you wouldnt have to go behind the tv.

ntableman Member

sometimes there is a strange headphone jack in the back of the TV coming from somewhere, it seems to disable the inputs, I yank it out, and bingo I can use the HDMI.

bcapollo Platinum

JM1991 and ntableman... the "little box" you refer to is the console I'm referring to... It's the tv not the box as i isolated to the tv... I took apart the desk and pulled fridge to make sure the wiring was what I thought it was. I did look for a small jack that probable is nothing more than a shorting switch...nada. The TVs are hard flashed to present a limited menu and a factory remote brings up the same limited menu... That is no signal input selection... I also did a factory reset.. No go same menu and no auto signal detect when you inject a signal through line... If Marriott cares about business customers more than entertainment sales they will contact me If not I will use my 700k points and go to embassy or hilton chain. i was actually going out of my way to stay at Marriott's but this is just a stupid waste of time. thanks for your help... More than I can say about marriott

Platinum 4 Reviews

I've run into the same problems as you. Here is what I do:

1. Unhook everything from TV.

2. Use the manual buttons on the side of TV instead of the remote. (small learning curve here, as you have to figure out by trail and error which buttons let you move within the menu to get to the input mode). If you can get to the input mode and can select your type of input, you are home free and it should work.

3. If the TV does not have any manual buttons, you have unhooked everything from the TV,  and the remote won't let you get to the input menu.....a game system will not work.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...