1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 18, 2014 9:27 AM by erc RSS

Reservation problem-increase price 2nd day. Anyone with the same issue.

trache9784 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I book a package deal yesterday night for $209 at the Niagara Falls fallsview hotel. I didn't see a reservation confirmation emails So I check online and call, they say that they never received my reservation. The new price is $249 now. They said that other people might be booking at the same time and that was the last room. Anyone ever have the same issues? I didn't want to pay the increase price but I don't want to downgrade the room to river view to avoid paying the increase price. I don't see the point of stay in this hotel without the fallsview. Any suggestions on hotels around niagara falls?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Reservation problem-increase price 2nd day. Anyone with the same issue.
    erc Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

Ouch, that hurts. Unfortunately, you may not have clicked the last link on the reservation confirmation (I've done that a couple of times), but just in case - be sure to check your Marriott.com  Reservations list, sometimes the reservation shows there before the posting of the e-mail confirmation.

If not, I'm in agreement with you - no need to pay for a room without a view, if you're going for the view. Here's one consideration; as a Gold you get concierge privileges, which although small, has an excellent view (as does their restaurant - but you pay for it, in food prices ). If that's enough for you, you could relax at the lounge, sip sodas, and save on the rate (it's your call). Or, you could pay the increased rate, if it turns out you didn't have the $209 rate and eat a meal or two in the lounge instead of dining out and call it a wash.

The Marriott Gateway across the street has some falls view rooms also (ranging from good to excellent, but still a bit less then being 'right there'), often at a rate comparable to the non-view rooms at the Falls View Marriott, you might want to check the fallsview rates and see what's what.

Good luck - I agree with your intuitive feel - get a view

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...