5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 8, 2014 1:04 PM by bejacob RSS

Spirit to Serve - Matthew D.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I wish to nominate Matthew D. at the Fairfield Inn Watertown Thousand Islands for a Spirit to Serve award.

Every question I had, he had an answer. The trickiest one was where to find local postcards (which are becoming something of a relic of times past). He had two suggestions (including a competing hotel chain just across the street). Sadly the first option didn't work out and I was forced to spend 32 cents at the other hotel.

Matthew said that he get frequent requests for postcards and that he will do his best to make sure this FFI carries them in the future. I truly appreciated all his help and commend him for suggesting I visit a competitor to get what I needed (even for such a small purchase). I was reminded of the scene from Mircale on 34th Street where Kris Kringle sends the Macy's customer to Bloomingdales.

This is a fine example of the Spirit to Serve and Matthew deserves recognition.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Watertown, New York, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites Watertown Thousand Islands
  • Re: Spirit to Serve - Matthew D.
    jmart Member

bejacob This is so great to hear! Yes - a very fine example of helping out and getting creative. You brought me back to my youth when I made sure to get a postcard (or four) from every trip we went on. Do you collect them, or do you mail them?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jmart, I mail postcards home documenting my travels. My goal is to visit every county in the US. As I visit the visit the various county seats, I mail a postcard from each one. You can check out my latest blog post (Counties and Lakes of New York) or some of my earlier blog entries for details.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Greetings, bejacob, On behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate this Marriott associate for this important award. We’ll enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings, Thank you again for helping to acknowledge this associate and their outstanding service! As a result of your nomination, this associate has been selected to receive the Marriott Spirit to Serve award. Associates are honored to hear that they exemplify the values instilled by JW Marriott, and it means more knowing the recognition came from you, our valued guest.

I'm thrilled to hear that. He deserves it.

I have no doubt he remembers that crazy guy who asked about postcards. Sometimes it's the little things that mean the most, but you never know exactly what kindness will be the one noticed.

As I continue my travels, I'll be looking for the next associate who goes out of his or her way to help. A nomination will surely follow.

Way to go Matthew D.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...