3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 27, 2014 8:04 PM by gatordwv RSS

Incorrect Rewards Status Level

gatordwv Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

For some strange reason my status level has changed from Platinum Premier to Silver even though I already have 100 nights credited for this year. Up until last week it showed as PP when I logged in and said that I needed zero stays to renew at this level. Has anyone else had this problem or know what might be going on?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Incorrect Rewards Status Level
    erc Platinum

Unless this is you on FlyerTalk 

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-ritz-carlton-rewards/1587028-help-change-status-plat-silver.html

someone else also faced the same situation. As you no doubt already know, whether you are alone or with scores of others, the key is to get it solved promptly (it won't make you feel any better knowing that others also can't get into the CL).

I'll be curious along with you to see if others have had this happen (it's not outrageous to think that a glitch has occurred for several accounts, things like this have popped up from now and then), but if it were me, I'd be calling Customer Service as soon as possible, it seems the longer these things take hold the more difficult it is to correct.

Good luck.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

gatordwv Platinum

Thanks! Before posting my question I did try to see if someone else had the same problem but didn't see any. As you suggested I just tried to contact Marriott Rewards Customer Service but they are closed on weekends. :-/  Will try again on Monday and update here.

gatordwv Platinum

After a couple of e-mails to customer service last weekend and a phone call to the same yesterday, everything is back to normal with my Rewards status. Was told that I was a victim of a glitch that affected several Rewards members, all of us having recently been approved for a new Marriott Rewards Business Visa from Chase. As with me, the affected individuals were reverted to Silver status. As a goodwill gesture, I was given 2,000 Reward points for the inconvenience.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...