2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 22, 2008 9:57 PM by salestraveler RSS

Avoiding germs on the road

roadie Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Everyone worries about germs when traveling in foreign countires, but did you know that Courtyard hotels don't change hanging towels between guests unless they "appear soiled"?  According to Jody Thompson, GM of the Courtyard in Columbus, IN, it saves them "tons of money".  A quote from Jody's reply email:  "I did speak with the Central Regional Director Glen Lewis and Leslie Myers a Guest Experience Supervisor both corporate employees of Marriott International today and they did confirm that it is also a Marriott standard to only replace the soiled linens and terry in a room after a guest checks out." 

We all should consider picking up our own towels and bed linens when we check in.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Avoiding germs on the road
    cigargenius Platinum
    With that in mind, I always grab the closest towel to the shower/tub since that is the one getting replaced daily (I hope). Marriott should prepare each room daily for the guests they are expecting to avoid these dreadfull possibilities.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Avoiding germs on the road
    salestraveler Platinum
    I also justed learned reciently that the glasses that are in the room in many hotels are not changed and washed traditionally but rather are sprayed and wiped with a cleaner. The rule of thumb is if yo do not see a rack of glasses on the cleaning cart they do not replace glasses and wash them traditionally.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...