1 2 3 8 Previous Next 108 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2017 8:18 AM by mustanggt RSS

That Old Gang of Ours

erc Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-4mz_U39RB0Y/UQnNEnBc1rI/AAAAAAAACxc/Gu2B-LvPbO8/s1600/Alguien-Vol%C3%B3-sobre-el-nido-del-cuco-fiesta.jpg

Here's hoping the best of health to our Insider friends who we haven't heard from in a while; before they go the way of our
good pal alrenaissance   and completely disappear. Sending out an all points bulletin/bolo in hopes we can bring back a few for just a brief "hello" or update.

Add some encouragement to spur them on and/or names of others we all miss hearing from:

Last year's deserved winner of Insider of the Year Award - GemPrincess
Master  Listkeeper - lakersfan
Southern Raconteur - eb5147
Travel Writer Extraordinaire - razorbackfan
No Beancounter, this finance guru - stelzer001
Dahlia magnate -tryt53

and other contributors who have been missed;
captbigguy  - Cool cajun
  hsposner  - Tampa shipping honcho
bonzaiflyer - Creator of  "Calling shenanigans"
kroywen    - NYC all the way
techie    - UK IT whiz

I had thought tef6178 had gone into witness protection after I said I might end up in Ft. Walton one day, but he had a nice writeup of JW Indy and the Newport Coast Villas recently, so he's just on the lam.

Missing folks, we promise not to bug you, just give us one of these
:
Best wishes and as always, keep on keepin' on Insiders, each and every one of you

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Seattle, Washington, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Seattle Marriott Waterfront
Columbia, South Carolina, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Columbia Northeast/I-77
  • 1. Re: That Old Gang of Ours
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Also Anadyr has been among the missing most recently, and when you @his name it doesn't come up any more.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 2. Re: That Old Gang of Ours
    tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Hi erc and gang,

Thanks for the wakeup call.  I didn't even hit the snooze button this time.  I've been on a long break, but not gone.  Life got really busy last year, and some things had to go for a while, but I am now getting to the point where I can breathe again.  We didn't do much traveling this last year, so I didn't have a lot to research or to report on, so I spent little time on the site.  Hope some of the others show back up as, and when they can too!  I'll have to see if I can figure out anything about @Anadyr (the author formally known as @SteppingStone) too.  Anyway, give me a little time to catch up and I'll be showing up more

• 3. Re: That Old Gang of Ours
    madmax Gold 7 Reviews

there's one...yeah!

• 4. Re: That Old Gang of Ours
    bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

And his profile comes up "Disabled."  This cannot be good. 

• 5. Re: That Old Gang of Ours
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

No, I'm afraid it isn't good.

• 6. Re: That Old Gang of Ours
    erc Platinum
    I specifically left off a handful of names that had either written in previous posts about a potential upcoming leave of absence or informed us privately about a redirecting of their efforts. Certainly they know of our high regards for their contributions and our ongoing desire for their participation and of course we wish them the very best and look forward to their return.

This thread was more of a call out to folks like try53, jkernitzki and others who added significant insights and color to the forum and hadn't been heard from for a bit (like when trippin' took a hiatus).

• 7. Re: That Old Gang of Ours
    erc Platinum

Great to hear from you again tryt53.  Looking forward to this season's photos (I always look around when traveling and have yet to find plants as beautiful as yours and your daughter's).

• 8. Re: That Old Gang of Ours
    Platinum 28 Reviews

Some of the "missing" might be locked in a CL somewhere on a Friday eve - never to be seen or heard of again (or until Sunday eve)

• 9. Re: That Old Gang of Ours
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

How about drchucklesboomboom? After winning the Insiders award for best picture, I've seen neither hide nor hair.

• 10. Re: That Old Gang of Ours
    erc Platinum

Yeah he's another good one. I read in Forbes, Fortune, or some other publication (perhaps, The Onion) that he opened up a line of robes for men with sleeves that fit, made a killing and bought an island in Bora Bora .

• 11. Re: That Old Gang of Ours
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I missed the bathrobes post....went back and checked it out..good one!

shashack response was almost as precious as your own:

Doc.  On behalf of all guest we appreciate you using a robe for your trip down the hall

Oh My!...lol

• 12. Re: That Old Gang of Ours
    superchief1 Platinum

Let's not forget one of the original insightful contributor: TJCNY. I hope he is doing well. I followed his advice for several wonderful stays. Many of his recommendations are properties that went up 3 levels in past three years.

• 13. Re: That Old Gang of Ours
    erc Platinum

Throwback Thursday on a Saturday, for the rest of our viewing audience

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/96529#96529

be sure to check his photo

• 14. Re: That Old Gang of Ours
    erc Platinum

Yes, he had some superb write ups. I think both you and I used his Wentworth overview to help us select that property.

1 2 3 8 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...