23 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2014 1:01 AM by kharada46 RSS

Has it been a year already?

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Over the weekend as I was completing my most recent trip to PA, NY, and VT, I realized it has been a year since I first signed up on this site (June 7). I remember reviewing a few hotels from a trip in AZ and NM and then began asking the communtiy for help planning a trip to England. It took me a little while to become an active contributor (almost like being the new kid in school).

So much has happened over the last 12 months. Though I've only met one Insider in person (jerrycoin) so far, I have made friends with many others and look forward to meeting them as well. Through my blog I've been able to share my experiences as I travel around the U.S. in an obsessive (some would say insane) attempt to visit every county seat in the country.

I've asked a lot of questions and started a few discussion topics which I hope have been interesting to members of the community. I enjoy participating in many of the ongoing threads or answering questions posed by others (if I know the answer ). These contributions led to me being named a Featured Insider earlier this year.

I just wish to say thank you to everyone that has made me feel welcome here. I appreciate all the people who read my blog and who have chosen to follow me. I won't try to name everyone for fear of omitting someone, but you know who you are.

Thanks again for welcoming me to this community last June. It's hard to believe it has only been a year.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Has it been a year already?
    foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

bejacob

Your contributions are immeasurable; your county collection's incredible; and the Featured Insider choice was inevitable. (Is it too early for rhymes?)  Anyway, from new kid to superstar in less than a year -- pretty cool.

And I know I speak for many: Thanks for helping make this site one of the very few social media outlets I actually enjoy visiting on a regular basis.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

bejacob,

I will echo what foxglove has written.  It's been a true pleasure to read of your travels and learn of your thousands of county visits, who would have thought of achieving such a feat. 

Thanks for your great ideas and for sharing your experiences with us, Happy Belated Birthday!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

bejacob,

Happy Anniversary!

Thanks again for our great time on May 11!

Hope you get a chance to meet a lot of fellow MRI's in the future!

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

bj, I agree with everything that has been said and hope to be #2 on the list of MRI's you have been able to meet. August is still looking ok for now, although my job is sure trying to get in the way of my fun lately. Hope it all works out and happy anniversary. You are no longer a newbie. You are one of the elite

All still looks good for August madmax. Plans haven't changed, but they haven't been carved in stone either. If all continues to go well, I'll see you in OKC (or somewhere close) in a couple months.

Thanks foxglove, IAHFLYR, and jerrycoin. It's nice to be appreciated by such good folks.

mike929 Platinum 5 Reviews

Happy Anniversary!!

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Happy anniversary, Bejacob, and I do hope our travel paths will cross at some point in the future, for the moment I'll continue to follow and enjoy your fascinating blog. I've learned so much about the real USA from that. You live in a fascinating country!

I hope so too. Funny thing is that I have learned a lot about the real USA too.

Sledchick Platinum 9 Reviews

Ditto what everyone else said!  Great job, bejacob, and we look forward to many more years of counties, Insider meetings and travel info!

Thanks Sledchick. I'm sorry we didn't get to have one of those Insider meeting when I was in Burlington, VT a couple weeks back, but I hope you read my write up. Since most of my time was spent in upstate NY, that's what got the most coverage, but I can't wait to get back to explore more of VT (and of course NH as well).

I'll make sure I'm staying somewhere nearby so we can sit down for a drink (coffee, tea, soda, milkshakes, or "medicine" as IAHFLYR or jerrycoin  would say ). I may have stayed at Marriotts in 23 states so far, but neither VT or NH is on the list (yet). I may have to rectify that to my next visit to that part of the county.

AMEN

Yes Sir, IAHFLYR!

Grilling a "Pork Tenderloin" and it is looking real good!

Jerry, I am going to be grilling a pork tenderloin this evening along with grilled asparagus for guests!

IAHFLYR,

That's exactly what I had, with some apple cobbler for dessert!

Hope yours was as good as mine!

I hope so and am fairly sure it will be very very good as it's slow cooking for 1+30 minimum after a nice searing.  Did you have vanilla ice cream on top of the cobbler?

IAHFLYR,

Sure did, and tomorrow, it will be "Chicken Kabobs" from Omaha Steaks!

Never had theirs, but they sure look great!

You rock Mr. Coin.....where on earth are you this week as I cannot keep up with your travels?

IAHFLYR,

Central Missouri this week! 

Trying to stay one step in front of "The Bounty Hunter's"

Have a new photo at "The Post Office"!  It looks very nice!SANY0265.JPG

"Bonnie & Clyde" at Graceland!

Bonnie and Clyde, awesome.  Great picture

IAHFLYR,

Not a clear picture!

Don't want to espose our real photo's!

Sledchick Platinum 9 Reviews

I'm looking forward to that beverage with you sometime in the future!  And don't forget, I'm willing to drive a ways to do it.  You're gonna love it when you finally stay here!

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Congrats on making it a year in our crazy little community!  I look forward to seeing you out in the islands exploring our bizarre counties sometime soon! 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...