6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 22, 2014 7:06 PM by profchiara RSS

Paris, France

califgirl Silver
Currently Being Moderated

What is the best way to tour the Eiffel Tower?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Paris, France
    marylander54 Member

It depends on the time of year, but I like to walk to the 1st or 2nd level, then take the elevator to the top level.  If it's the summer, be prepared for crowded elevators!  Sunset is a great time to visit, too. Home Page

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jmart Member

califgirl This is a fun question! I visited the Eiffel Tower many years ago, and decided to go at night. There was virtually no crowd and the lights of the city at night are truly spectacular. I'm curious to hear what other MRI have to say - especially if any have been both during the day and at night. I love marylander54's idea of sunset, as then you'd most likely get the best of both worlds. When are you going?

califgirl Silver

thank you both for responding.  I'm actually trying to find a reputable tour/vendor I can purchase tickets to get into the Eiffel Tower. Evenings sounds great!  Do you know of any? 

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

califgirl,

At night the crowds are much smaller, if you want to go during the day, get there early!  Beat the tour busses!

Good luck, when you are done, try to catch the on/off bus to the rest of wonderful Paris.  It stops in front of The ET!

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

And please don't miss the Sainte-Chapelle.  It is one of the most glorious versions of Gothic architecture, built in only a few years (as opposed to most that took centuries), because King Louis IX wanted a giant reliquary for the Crown of Thorns, which he brought back from Crusade.  It is inside the Palais de Justice, just across the Ile-de-la-Cité from Notre-Dame, and you can combine a ticket with the Conciergerie which housed Marie-Antoinette, Louis XVI, Robespierre, and others.

Whenever my students go to Paris and say they haven't seen the Sainte-Chapelle, I tell them they haven't seen Paris.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...