6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 12, 2014 12:58 PM by foxglove RSS

Early dinners not just for us geezers any more

erc Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

http://online.wsj.com/articles/restaurants-offer-discounts-special-menus-to-attract-5-30-reservations-1402526918

Like Huey Lewis once sang, "it's hip to be square" (and save money). Man, first they move in on our Insider bar trend, and now our early dinner specials, what next, jeans with cuffs ?

Alinea lovers, note the savings (still steep, but down from stratospheric) and now my OpenTable 1,000 points (essentially $10 savings) might require roller derby skills to squeeze in.

Oh well, I still have my goldstar, travelzoo, fillaseat, and costco restaurant gift cards and oh yeah, my Marriott Rewards Offers **.

** - just booked a two room villa that charged $50 a piece (which of course, they disclose after the click here price) for each additional person beyond the second guest. What did they think, me and the Mrs. were going to play hide and seek?!  Why, I oughta......

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Early dinners not just for us geezers any more
    madmax Gold 7 Reviews

but you won't, no you won't...correct?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

erc Platinum

Correct madmax, neither to Alice nor Larry and Curly .

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

or to his brother Darrell or his other brother Darrell

erc Platinum

The ol' Stratford Inn where Larry and brother Darryl and his other brother Darryl hung outWaybury Inn VT.jpg

Waybury Inn in E. Middlebury Vt. in real life

foxglove - my daughter (28) runs with some 'hipsters' and I always get nervous when they get interested in my beers, cigars, or restaurants, worried they'll drive the prices up and the supply down. I keep reminding them that waiting in line at Rose's Luxury (newest hot spot in DC that doesn't take reservations) for two hours is cool and to stay at it .

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

"Well, I'm not force-feeding myself a steak at [5]:30 just to save a couple bucks, I'll tell you that!" -- Jerry to his parents in the episode "The Cadillac."

Gotta disagree with Jerry -- this is good news. No more need for coffee starting at 6:00 PM to ensure being awake for upscale reservation times.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...