6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 6, 2014 10:15 PM by vaboywnder RSS

Earn nights when staying on points?

ml83 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Can you earn nights toward a status upgrade when staying in a Marriott using points?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Earn nights when staying on points?
    madmax Gold 7 Reviews

you may want to read through this thread for some tips on that

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/59950#59950

quick answer, not on the stay itself but on incidentals that are applied to your bill.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tommo781 Silver 8 Reviews

I had a thought.  I am paying for 5 nights with points later this year, but have upgraded to a suite at a cost per night.  As I am paying per night, will I get elite nights as well as points?

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

I don't think so Tommo781. I think you will get points for the upgrades which is technically 5 nights worth but you still wouldn't get points for the actual stay from what I have ever read in the rule book. One of our teammates should probably chime in here...jmart, The specified item was not found., ansaa?

tommo781 Silver 8 Reviews

Didn't think I would get elite nights to be honest. But it is worth asking.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I Can't imagine you'll get any nights credit as the stay is paid in points, the upgrade is an incidental charge for which you will get points, as long as you're staying at a FS.

It seems that nights credit for points stays is coming in though. I think Starwood already does it and IHG has just started counting redemption nights towards status. It's not reached Marriott yet though. I'm not sure it ever will.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

ml83,

The only way to earn Elite Night Credits via using points is if you cashed points in for Marriott Gift Cards or use the Instant Redmemption option.  Most likely both options would require you to use a higher level of points to cover your stay versus using the points for Room Redemption.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...