19 Replies Latest reply: Jun 12, 2014 7:01 PM by brightlybob RSS

Random but curious

madmax Gold 7 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Today I was viewing the insider forum but it was time to go to lunch so I logged out. I didn't close the browser so when I came back from lunch I was going to log back in when I looked at the "home" page. bejacob's mug was there. This was perplexing because I distinctively remembered seeing brightlybob's earlier when I was logged in.

So, anyone have any ideas why there are two different home pages, one when you are just a guest and one when you are logged in as an insider?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Random but curious
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

It's all part of my plan to take over the world.

In all seriousness, after I posted the thread on the new Featured Insider, I returned to the site after logging out and was worried I would have to delete my comments. I would look foolish congratulating my successor only to find out I didn't have one.

I imagine The specified item was not found., et al will sort it out soon.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

bejacob,

That is some funny stuff...you do need to take over the world, county by county!!!!

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I think you have succeeded, bejacob -- unlike others, I ONLY see your face!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

madmax,

I thought it was just me!

We are experiencing a "Twilight Zone" experience!

We all love bejacob, but what about brightlybob?

They are both so good!

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I reckon Marriott believes the general public aren't yet ready for my elevated level of handsomeness

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

I suspect it has something to do with browser cache.  I bet if you clear your browser cache then you can put a stop to that bejacob  from showing up on the front page.

erc Platinum

Fan mail from a flounder (he's so youthful, he may not know the reference) to vaboywnder

Newest Insider column - Ask Vaboy

where techno-chowdaheads get mysteries of cyberspace solved, as well as any other issues addressed

1) When I just hop on Insiders I see bejacob, when I actually log in, brightlybob's mug pops up, what can I do?

2) Are you aware that your hometown team, The Mighty Hoos are going to the College Baseball World Series?

3) A twofer -  Why are kids so enamored with 'destination weddings'? Don't they know they'd get better gifts if I didn't have to buy an airline ticket and pay for a hotel? (I have three this summer alone)

4) How did you do on the Marriott gift card discount? At 1:00 pm when I clicked on, I was greeted with, "tough luck loser, there were at least 75 folks quicker/smarter/cuter than you" (so far I'm 1 for 4 on these deals).

5) On Saturday June 28th, I am in Staunton at Stonewall Jackson Hotel, don't know if that qualifies as 'destination', but it did cost me a hotel (Waynesboro Res. Inn) and a tank full of gas. I will be driving through your hometown on Sunday June 29th and was wondering if you and whatever security force/entourage you roll with would like to have lunch at a local spot picked by you?

If not, no sweat, I'm 0 for 2 with your days, so turnabout is fair play; I'll just have anadyr's 'people' dig up your address and bug you for years until it becomes a reality

If so, say the word and me and the Mrs. will be there with our happy faces on, en route to wineries up the road.

Thank you for your consideration

ps - in spite of your South of the Border donkey comment, I'll still treat

Hey erc, you buy and I'll even fly UA up to take in that event!

erc,

I see someone is a  Rocky & Bull Winkle fan.  I have to admit I had to refer to my friend Google to find the meaning of your reference.

Lets see if I can tackle your questions.

1.)  In reference to bejacob showing up on the log-in page and then brightlybob showing up afterwards I was pretty sure it was a browser cache issue.  I did however try clearing the browser cache on my computer and the same thing happened again.  So that can only mean one thing that the Marriott webmaster for Insiders has an issue with the log-in page not updating.

2.) Yes the Hoo's are heading for Omaha!  It is the talk of the town.  Crossing my fingers they can win the series this year!

3.) As far as Destination weddings go...I have no clue man.  Personally I rather do something simple near home so that family and friends can attend and save the money for the Honeymoon!

4.) You are right...the Gift Card Promo was a challenge.  I decided it made more sense to go for getting 2 of the $500 gift cards which also totaled $810 after the Amex discount.  As you know there were only 75 of the $1,000 gift cards but over 300 of the $500 gift cards.  So at 1pm I clicked on the page for the $500 cards and one was added to my cart and when I tried to update to QTY 2 I screwed up and got the message that all inventory was being held for transactions in process.  I kept retrying and retrying to add QTY 2 to my cart and then finally at 1:07pm when some other transactions had timed out I had success and was able to purchase the two $500 cards which lead to my status update "Mission Accomplished! "

5.) Wow..you will be in my neck of the woods.  I live in the sleepy town of Stuarts Draft which is about 5 minutes away from the Waynesboro Residence Inn which is top notch I might add and about 15 minutes away from downtown Staunton.  Unfortunately our timing is off again. Some friends who just moved to Roanoke, VA from Raleigh are coming up and staying with us that weekend.  They have never been to Charlottesville before so we are going to take them around town for a tour of UVA and perhaps Monticello.  If anything changes I will definitely let you know.  There is a chance that we may be coming up to Nova for July 4th weekend.  If your around that weekend we maybe able to catch up in Nova.  Feel free to message me if you have any questions about the Waynesboro/Staunton areas.  I know sometime this year we will definitely catch up!

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Just call me Natasha from now on.

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

hey I wouldn't mind looking like Rene Russo professor...

erc Platinum

Good stuff and good research. Too bad about June, but we'll see how July works out. No problem for me sharing the following info (the NSA already knows), this year celebrating Independence Day with Granny (not mine, the kids) who no doubt would love to meet you as well. Jump in on any event

Thursday July 3rd 6 pm dinner in Old Town Alexandria at Columbia Firehouse (plenty of time to schmooze)

8 pm show Plaza Suite Little Theatre Alexandria, go Neil, go

Friday July 4th 12 noon lunch Fiola Mare - Georgetown Waterfront
                                 dinner in Rosslyn - Ray's to the Third (Granny loves that fried chicken!)
                                Fireworks in the room (with libations) at the Key Bridge Marriott. Supposedly an early booking, knowledge of room, and Plat status has secured me a fine river view with a straight shot down to the National Mall, we'll watch it on television also with the speakers blaring, cool man, cool.

Saturday July 5th and 6th - Say the word bird and I'll be there

IAHFLYR - Since I'm not wearing my crazy pants today, no free airline ticket for you bub - but at least one free beer upon your next visit to the Nation's Capital (I'll draw up the legalese using language from Marriott's $10 Food and Beverage credit )

I will take you up on that beer!

erc

Sounds good.  I'll get back to you once my plans are more definite for July 4th weekend.

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

Great observation!

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

thanks ks77 it was totally by accident as I just happened to leave the browser open after logging out which I don't normally do. Hope joshm can get to the bottom of it and hopefully get the Marriott site running to its fullest

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I'm beginning to feel like my face on the opening page has become my "mug shot." (Oh no, bejacob is still lurking).

I swear I had nothing to do with it. Time to give brightlybob his due whether one is logged in or not.

I suppose if this is the only thing wrong with the site of late, we should all be glad. I recall a few glitches that were much more difficult to deal with.

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

you got that right bejacob. I can live with this one alright.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I've worked out the mystery, I'm the (shhh) *Insiders* Insider...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...