1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 3, 2014 3:15 PM by aggiemom RSS

Free Redemption Certificate Question??

aggiemom Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I have been told that I cannot let my son have my free redemption certificate which is about to expire.  He is traveling to CA and I would love for him to use it, but cannot put his name on the reservation.  Why not?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Free Redemption Certificate Question??
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

aggiemom,

I know thatThe specified item was not found. has reached out to you and he is an excellent resource to use with Marriott Rewards Customer Service issues.  Unfortunately many Insiders like you and I are disappointed in the Marriott rule that certificates are non transferable and the Marriott Rewards member has to be present when redeeming the certificate.  If you are not able to use the certificate before it expires you could try requesting an extension from Marriott Customer service.  Sometimes they are able to extend the expiration of the certificate if your not able to use it by the orginal expiration date.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...