29 Replies Latest reply: Jun 16, 2014 3:54 PM by ks77 RSS

New Featured Insider

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Way to go brightlybob. Welcome to the "Featured Insider" club. Congratulation on a fine honor (and thanks for getting my picture off the opening page ).

Keep the great contributions coming.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts London Marriott Hotel County Hall
  • Re: New Featured Insider
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Congrats to brightlybob! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Congrats brightlybob!  Keep up the great work!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

brightlybob,

A hearty "Congratulations"!

Glad you got bejacob off the "Front page as well as him"!  He's a better looking person in person, anyway!

Keep us informed of all of your travels, and we hope to share with you!

Again, congratulations!

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Many congrats brightlybob.  Nice to see a Brit on the front page!

tommo781,

You should not stay up so late?

Agree with you that this is a wonderful honour to brightlybob!

Maybe, we can all get together later this year?

Location Brand Hotel
      London, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts London Marriott Hotel County Hall
        tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Jerry, don't you mean I shouldn't get up so early?  I typed that at 6:40 am our time!

tommo781,

Yes, you are right!

I am in Central Missouri, so I get my times wrong.

You take care and have a wonderful day.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Congratulations brightlybob on being the Face of MI for a while.  You've got large shoes to fill after bejacob so keep on keepin on.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I only wear a size 8 shoe, but I do take a wide width. I'm not sure how that translates to UK sizing.

I'm on another county collecting trip heading to northern PA and upstate NY, so my contributions over the next few days will be limited. At least I'll have free Internet at the FFI and SHS locations I'm visiting so I can check in with the community each night.

I expect brightlybob to be extra busy while I'm offline over the next few days. I believe Internet usage while driving is still frowned upon. I need Google to hurry up with that driverless car so I can focus on important things like taking pictures for my blog entries.

It's all about width in everything in life.....wide foot, wide fairway, wide road, etc......Safe travels our County King!

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

IAHFLYR that's a pretty broad statement you just made and left yourself "wide" open for someone to comment...but I won't, no I won't, the H### I won't

all about width? really?

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Oh go on.  Do comment!!!! 

I know and that's one of the reasons I put it out there......hehehe  However; you'll notice the type of references I included.

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

IAHFLYR do you know the movie reference?

Nope, not at this time of the morning!

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

hint: western and John Wayne

anybody?

quote: "Somebody ought to belt you in the mouth, but I won't, no I won't... the Hell I won't"

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Now Bejacob, as it happens the missus (who is a college lecturer) is attending a seminar on the driverless car later this month, and has swung me a free ticket. As a lawyer the concept fascinates me, especially the changes in law necessary to accommodate it...

Will you need a driving licence to drive these cars?

How is insurance to be dealt with?

How is liability for accidents to be apportioned (admitting of course that accidents will be a rare event without fallible humans at the wheel)

Who's responsible on the rare occasions it speeds?

When you think about the wider implications it makes your head go dizzy... Driverless cars will be virtually accident free, so expect huge redundancies amongst:

Doctors and nurses (road accidents represent a huge percentage of ER/A&E work)

Traffic cops

Insurance companies

Insurance investigators

No win no fee negligence lawyers

Furthermore since they're driverless and can drive themselves to you why have your own car anyway, after all most of the time the car simply sits in the drive devaluing faster than Marriott Reward points! So we'll become members of car clubs and then summon one of the car club vehicles to our home. Far less car sales, so no more fancy car salesrooms, and no more car salesmen, new or second hand.

Driverless cars won't park illegally, so no more traffic wardens and as driverless cars being ran via a car club will be simply going from member to member there'll be no need for car parks. Goodbye NCP and the £60 hour parking meters in London. Indeed goodbye parking meters. Driverless cars wont need the same width of road that we need for our human errors, so our present roads will have capacity for decades/centuries to to come, so goodbye (almost) to roadworks (and road repairers), traffic calming, monitored motorways and of course speed cameras (hooray). Since driving crime makes up over half of all petty criminal cases it'll be goodbye to hundreds of judges, prosecutors and of course defence lawyers. Then there's all the admin jobs in hospitals, insurance, lawfirms, courts, garages that support the vast armies of doctors, nurses, cops, lawyers, judges, car salesmen, insurers, repairers, financiers and traffic wardens...

It's gonna be a brave new world folks... And this will all happen in your driving lifetime if you're under 50!

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

I don't know whether to be sad or glad that I am over 50!

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

yeah me too tommo

Don't be such Luddites, guys. Think how easy travel will be with driverless cars, and plenty of opportunity for a good booze-up

An excellent idea, great way to get places when the "medicine" has been prescribed!

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Luddite maybe but a bit of me is 21st century.  I have a sports car.  Where is the fun in not being able to do my outrageous "vroom vrooms" and embarass everyone who is a lot younger than me? 

Sledchick Platinum 9 Reviews

Sounds like you have had plenty of time to think about this driverless car!  Congrations to you, New Featured Insider!

Wow... My ugly fizzog as the feature! Woohoo... Fame at last! Thanks for your kind messages.

I've not been around much recently as been on long court case and holiday, at Marriott of course!

I can heartily recommend the Ren Barcelona Fira. I'll do a review on it in the next day or so, had a fab week stay there!

I feel the weight of responsibility trying to fill Bejacobs giant contributory shoes...

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Welcome back to the forum brightlybob.  Your timing is impeccable!

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

congrats bb and we know you will do fine as our featured insider. You have contributed many great posts and ideas on the board and we look forward to many more when you are not tied up in court

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

Additional hearty congratulations, brightlybob!

gm1 Gold 1 Reviews

Congratulations brightlybob on being chosen the Featured Insider! 

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

Congrats!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...