8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 17, 2014 9:44 AM by jmart RSS

Concert hotels

lenalcs Silver 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have extended business trips around the US to attend a concert and pleased to find a Marriott property where I can stay an extra night. Residence Inn, Boston Seaport was selected for the George Strait concert at Gillette Stadium. Courtyard in Shreveport, also for George Strait years ago.

I look for hotels near the venue but often prefer to stay in a property that I will enjoy even if I have to drive to the concert.

What do others do?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Concert hotels
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

We stay at hotels close to the venue as well whenever we can, even when we could drive home in 10 minutes or less.  It is just easier than dealing with traffic and other things such as enjoying a few sodas for medicinal purposes.

Example, we live very close to The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion Official Website :: Mobile iPhone App and when attending a concert will most time we just get a room at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel, Woodlands Waterway Hotel to enjoy the entire evening.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jmart Member

Love this topic, lenalcs, as I love traveling to see good music. I'm with you and IAHFLYR in that I always look for a hotel close to the venue so I can walk home. After having flown to see a good show, I like to enjoy the convenience of proximity once I've arrived (recent trips were to Boston and Nashville). lenalcs: are you in the music industry, or traveling to see concerts for pure pleasure?

lenalcs Silver 5 Reviews

Just pleasure...I prefer to walk back and forth but concert venues are often in remote or not so great part of town.

jmart Member

lenalcs Good point! You are most likely traveling more for shows than I am able, so I imagine it's not always easy finding a hotel close enough. Do you have a favorite venue?

Sledchick Platinum 9 Reviews

Great topic, lenalcs!  When we go to the TD Garden in Boston we frequently stay at the Residence Inn Boston Harbor at Tudor Wharf.  It's a short walk to the venue, and safe.  I have found and used their "specials" which include reduced rates and parking for Bruins games, but they also do this for other events.  And a phone call to the property doesn't hurt if you don't find what you need on-line.  They have been very acccommodating and it's much easier to stay over than to try to drive home that night (we live 2.5 hours from there) -- I hate traffic!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Last Saturday night we had the 11th James Taylor Concert at The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion just a stones throw from the Top Marriott Property in The America's for 2014 (The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel, Woodlands Waterway Hotel).  Of course we couldn't drive the 1,2 miles home after the concert that was from all appearance was sold out, so we stayed at the hotel.  What a fantastic performer JT is and has been for decades.  The hotel was perfect with a nice room overlooking the Waterway with a balcony.

The before concert dinner was appetizers and salad at Grotto Ristorante - Home and the joint was packed with concert goers, although I did not see many millennial types that evening.   A wonderful evening topped of by a glass of wine at  CRÚ - A Wine Bar :: Your Premier Destination For Fine Wine And Food

randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

We try to stay close and walk.  Renaissance in Nashville is perfect for events at the Ryman Auditorium.

jmart Member

randomname LOVE the Ryman! I will be sure to stay there when we go back.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...