34 Replies Latest reply: Jul 26, 2016 11:56 AM by Snail5930 RSS

missing stays

doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

has anyone else  had problems with the missing stay request forms ive submitted my one 2 times now with no response from the rewards team

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Chicago, Illinois, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/River North
  • Re: missing stays
    madmax Gold 7 Reviews

hi doddsy69. I have not had any issues with a missing stay request. However, since you have not heard anything, I would give the Marriott CS line a buzz and see if they can look up the issue. Did you copy your bill and send in or did you just fill the form out with the dates of stay and where? Sometimes you can fax a copy of your bill in and that will help but the CS agent should be able to assist you. I hope it is straightened out very soon.

safe travels

mm

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews

thanks i sent them a copy of the bill  on the online missing stay request usually you get the auto response message but not on this occasion

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

yes I would definitely call CS. The auto response is usually very quick. Something is amiss I believe.

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

I had a problem once.  I booked two rooms - one for us and one for our friends.  I was entitled to elite nights for my room and points for the total spend across both rooms.  I was awarded points which made absolutely no sense at all, and the wrong number of elite nights.  I contacted the hotel, who said they would put it right, but they only made it worse!  So I contacted Marriott rewards CS direct, and after emailing them copies of the bills, they deleted all points and nights from the stay, started from scratch, and gave me the correct awards.  The whole matter was sorted out with Felicia V at CS in double quick time.

In my experience, problems originally start with the hotel getting it wrong.  But I have always found Marriott CS to be superb.

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

That's the way to do it Tommo781 when you have missing stays.  Send the documentation to Corporate Marriott CS VIA EMAIL.  Fortunately, this doesn't happen often.

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

As you say bpelican normally it doesn't happen.  But on the odd occasion it does, Marriott are excellent at sorting it out.

RiverGoddess Member

Hi, regarding a missing marriott points. you mention emailing CS. Can you send along the email address that I should use. I have sent a copy of my bill twice now via the Marriott Rewards site, but have not heard back from them.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

If you've sent your bill in, call customer service rather than emailing. They should be able to pull up the records on the spot and credit your account.

I love email except when I don't get an response. That's when I make a phone call. You're more patient than I am. I wouldn't have tried to email a second time.

CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Hey RiverGoddess, bejacob is on point with the call suggestion. Additionally, you are always welcome to reach out to myself (CariJ), lindseyh, or joshm with any questions or concerns about Marriott Rewards or the Insiders site. If you'd like me to look into those missing points, I'd be happy to have our team do so. Just send me a direct message with your Rewards number

I'd also like to give you a warm welcome to the Marriott Rewards Insider forum! It is here that members can share experiences, perspectives, photos, and ask questions to a group of experienced travelers. Be sure to check out our Getting Started Guide for tips on how to enhance your Insiders experience.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I don't think I've ever experienced a missing stay but significant point shorting has always been an issue. I catch up with my expenses 2 or 3 times a year and cross reference it all with my Marriott points. I don't think a year has ever passed by without experiencing significant shorting on at least one stay. Last summer it was ridiculous, nearly half my stays suffered with point shorting. Marriott CS is usually very good at dealing with this, with issues resolved within a few days.

I've got to get round to reviewing this years expenses soon... Yuk!

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

As you say brightlybob they are very good at sorting it out.  Like I said earlier, I think the initial fault is the hotel, but then CS sort it.  Just a shame we have to do a self audit to find out.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I am having trouble finding the missing stay request form . Anyone have help.

guidedog613 Platinum 6 Reviews

Hi jerryl,

IF you go into your account overview and click on activity to expand , you will see at the end of the activity info it gives you the link to the missing stay claim page

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

thanks I found it but now I have to wait three more days to get to the 10 day cutoff.

ramoneur Platinum

I never had missing stays;

what is strange though, is that it always takes a few days for a stay to get included/added to my account;

is the addition of a stay still done manually?

is there a reason for delay when this is done automatically?

An excellent question, ramoneur. I'm going to do a little digging on the subject to see if I can find any information on this. Stay tuned!

Hey ramoneur, I had our team confirm the following: When stays are booked directly through Marriott with a Rewards number, they should post automatically. There are some situations, like a group booking, that may cause a delay or may require the stay to be posted manually.

While that doesn't totally answer your speculation, I did my best to take a stab at it If you would like to know why a particular stay was delayed in posting points, our team can investigate the specific hotel bill or reservation to determine the delay cause.

ramoneur Platinum

thnx again CariJ for yet another insightful answer :-)

whammo18 Member

I booked directly and haven't received credit yet.  Submitted several missing stay requests and still haven't gotten a peep.   Surprised when I submit a request I don't get an automated email with reference number to my request.  That way I have a number to follow up with.  If I don't have that Indont have proof that I attempted to request credit.  Therefore ifnit doesn't happen and I forget to follow up then it would be on me.  

A confirmation email is good.  I stayed at another major brand recently and had a problem with online booking.  Their system was messed up.  After bookimg I notified them of their error.  When I got to the hotel they said they "upgraded" me to a better room  due to my email.   I went from a King to two double beds.  It was hardly an upgrade.  They were fully booked so I couldn't downgrade to my King bed as they had changed it without asking my preference.  A little communication goes a long way. 

Location Brand Hotel
        Chicago, Illinois, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/River North
          carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi whammo18.  We can help with your missing stays.  Would you mind sending me a direct message with your Rewards number and additional details about your missing stay?  The hotel name, location and dates of your stay.  I'll be able to take a look and make sure all eligible credit is added to your account. 

whammo18 Member

CaraT solved my issue.  Thanks carat

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Always glad to help!

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I Can't see how adding points for staus can be done automatically, at least at FS hotels where to the room rate points must be added those for food and beverage purchases. I'm pretty sure the final posting of points is subject to some sort of final revenue clearance by the hote, even if that's simply a clerk pressing a send button! Some are faster at this than others.

annew20 Silver

I just called Customer Service on two stays that were missing & I had already submitted the "Missing Stay" request online but it still hadn't posted.  The rep gave me an email address to send it to so I'm waiting to see if it posts.  With these stays in Feb. it should unlock the #3 bonus on the Mega Bonus promotion. 

ziad Silver

i had one last year & no adding to my account

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

I have had a couple of glitches in the past, but I have found that Customer Services have always put it right as soon as I told them.

dave4525 Platinum

MY experience is not so good so far in the last two months have written 10 emails to customer services on missing different points from hotels and to date not a single reply, I wrote 4 times to a Marriott hotel in Thailand to make a booking and this time only a reply on 4th attempt. So I make this me 14 mails v Marriott 1 reply.

Cannot say thats great service.

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Sorry to hear this, Dave. I'd be happy to look into his for you if you could send me a DM with your Rewards number and Reservation number for the stays with missing points.

dave4525 Platinum

HI I messaged you details but no reply

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I've been quite lucky and have only failed to receive credit for one stay in 25 years.  That time, I submitted the form and got credit that exceeded what I expected.  I think that Marriott may have erred in my favor, but after one unsuccessful  phone call I gave up trying to get an explanation.

ziad Silver

had one last year & no adding to my account

Maples Platinum

Just chatted with customer service re a missing stay and was told to email details to (I thought) member.updates@marriot .com  However the email is undeliverable so I tried memberupdates@marriot.com, still no luck.  Anybody have the correct email please?

mustanggt Platinum

Marriott is spelled with 2 T's...Marriott.  Try that.

Snail5930 Gold

Regularly I have problems with the points and usually I write to rewards.procedures@marriott.com .

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...