3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 2, 2014 2:46 PM by vickisocal RSS

Points "Upgrade"?

curiousone Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have been looking for the best deal to reserve a night at the JW Marriot Desert Ridge to celebrate my birthday in July. Under the "Redeem for Points" tab I noticed a "Marriott Rewards Redemption with Points Upgrade". For the upgrade they ADD 5,000 point to the room rate (45,000 total) and require a "010 Upgrade certificate". No where do I see a description of the what the "upgrade" includes. Nor, do I see anything that explains what a 010 upgrade certificate is all about.

Can anybody explain this to me?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Points "Upgrade"?
    tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Try this thread.  How do i get upgrade certificates 

I think you will find the certificate is an automatic thing when you make the reservation.  Just like when you make an online reservation using points, the confirmation will show ecertificate details.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

curiousone Platinum

Thanks, Tommo781. Since July is the off season in Phoenix (go figure, it is only going to be 111F today.) and I am Plat I think I will count on an upgrade at no cost.

vickisocal Platinum

The room under 40K points per night is described:

Room Details –  Guest room, 1 King or 2 Double, Balcony

Room Overview

• Elegant room, sitting area, workspace, oversized bath, patio or balcony

For 45K points per night it says:

Room Details –  Guest room, 1 King or 2 Double, Premium view, Balcony

Room Overview

• Premium View Room, elegant room, sitting area, workspace, patio or balcony

For 65K points per night you get:

Room Details –  1 Bedroom Executive Suite, 1 King, Sofabed, Resort view

Room Overview

• Living room, patio or balcony, separate bedroom with sitting area

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...