7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 16, 2014 11:36 PM by curiousone RSS

Travel Package Fan

cme4ndt Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

For week long vacations, especially if flying, Marriott Travel Packages are the way to go. In 2004, my wife and I were able to fly from New York to Honolulu, HI and stay at the J.W. Marriott Ihilani Ko Olina Resort & Spa. We were able to fly free, stay free and get a free rental car for the week by using the Travel Package. The Ko Olina is an amazing place to stay. In 2009, we were able to go to Germany for Oktoberfest using the Travel Package and stayed at the . Again we were able to stay free, fly free and even upgraded to First Class and got a rental car for the week free all using Marriott points and the Travel Package. Our only expenses were the taxes on the rental car and of course meals. We got a 25% discount coupon on a Hertz car rental in each of the travel packages, however, we used points to get the entire weekly rental free and saved the coupon for use on shorter trips. I encourage everyone to give it a try.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Travel Package Fan
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

cme4ndt,

Welcome to Insiders!  Thanks for your sharing your experience with the Travel Packages.  I totally agree that if you are making a week long stay somewhere that its a great use of Marriott Points.  Even if your not flying you can certainly bank the miles for future use.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

Woo hoo…..I am also a big fan and user of Travel Packages. Best use of MR points IMHO.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

cme4ndt,

Thanks for sharing, and welcome to MRI!

Keep the stories coming!

jmart Member

Yes, welcome cme4ndt! We love hearing about great experiences like this one. We're happy to have you as a fellow Marriott Rewards Insider! From travel tips to hotel reviews, and photos to general conversation, the Insiders forum is a place to explore, and learn. As you explore everything that this site has to offer, I would encourage you to check out our Getting Started Guide in order to help you familiarize yourself with the site, and find the areas you are most interested in. Also, if you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to me   (jmart ) , joshm , merb or ansaa. We're all part of the community management team here and we'd be happy to help with anything!

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

II'm not a frequent flyer, but by tarting myself around the airlines for economy seats I'm able to fly very cheaply. Hence for me the travel plans miles don't make that much sense, but there's no denying that with travel plans you can easily get a 1:1 exchange MR POINTS-airline miles. That's a good exchange rate, no question.

ill never say never, I reckon they could fit in with my leisure plans and so one day could use the opportunity. For those who would pay biz/1st class fares there's no denying the value of the miles...

Sledchick Platinum 9 Reviews

Welcome to Insiders, cme4ndt!  Great info about the travel packages.

curiousone Platinum

Just a reminder that with TPs you can split the airline and hotel portions apart. You do not have to combine them into a single trip.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...