23 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2014 9:55 PM by cedricth RSS

Why Marriott Vacation Club Stays do not count any more as Rewards stays?

cedricth Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Even with dozen of thousands of $ invested in a Marriott Vacation Club the Stays do not count as stays on your Marriott Rewards account because invoices do not show your payment. Of course, it has been pre-paid on Marriott Vacation Club !

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Why Marriott Vacation Club Stays do not count any more as Rewards stays?
    tmomma Silver

Is this a new thing?  Were members notified?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

curiousone Platinum

I stayed at Marriott Custom House 5/14 - 5/21 and it is showing on my account, points and 7 days of stay.

cedricth Platinum

they may be count if they dont miss it in the process but you can not clam your stays and points back if they missed. we can not proove that the stay have been paid and they explain that the two servises are different !!!

shashack Platinum 4 Reviews

You may want to double check on this.   I believe the MVCI nights counts as stayed but do not count as paid nights for various promotions.   At least I hope that has not changed and as a side note I person ly believe they should count as paid as we did pay for the MVCI.

debbiebrown Platinum 6 Reviews

Ours always show up....that is where most our stays are!

superchief1 Platinum

I have never had a problem receiving credit for the nights I have stayed in MVC resorts. When I use my week or DC points, my MR# is always automatically added to my account. However, When exchanging through Interval, I have to call Marriott reservations to have them add my MR # to my confirmation. This has never been a problem.

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

Ours have been showing up on my MR account, too! 

suedonj Platinum

Like others have said, MVC stays are eligible for Elite Nights credit and Rewards Points accrual for incidental spends when booked as an owner's week, exchanged through Interval International or Marriott's Destination Club, or on a non-promotional cash basis.  But there's sometimes a disconnect between MVC stays and Marriott Rewards accounts (especially if the stay is an exchange through Interval International.)

Over on the Timeshare Users Group - tugbbs.com - we've had the most success with getting stays linked by using the >>internet.customer.care@marriott.com<< or >>customer.care@vacationclub.com<< addresses.  Send an email with your name, Marriott Rewards account number, MVC customer number and MVC reservation number (not the II confirmation number.)  You should get a reply within 24 hours.  It's best to do it before checking in so that the stay will be indicated in your marriottrewards.com Upcoming Reservations list, and so that any Arrival Gift/other bonuses are automatically attached.  But it should work after a stay, too.

*There are a few MVC resorts which do not participate in the Marriott Rewards program:  StreamSide Evergreen, Douglas and Birch, Vail CO; 47 Park Street, Grand Residence Club UK; The Empire Palace, Bangkok Thailand; The Buckingham, Macau China.

laketahoe Platinum 3 Reviews

Yes, it should be credited as nights stayed in your Marriott Rewards account.  However if you're with a large group and book two units under your account, you'll only be credited for the stay in one unit.  For example, I booked two units for my group of 8 people at Marriott Ko'olina for 10 nights.  My reward account got credited for 10 nights stayed, not 20 nights.  Bummer.  By the way, stays at Ritz Carlton do not count.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...