2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 3, 2014 10:54 PM by freqlink RSS

Suggestions for Palm Springs entertainment

freqlink Member
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all,

My wife won the Renaissance Discovery Door Contest back in the fall and we are set to spend a week in Palm Springs, CA in mid June.

I was wondering if any one that has stayed in Palm Springs, specifically at the Renaissance Esmeralda at Indian Wells, has some suggestions for things to do.  I know I want to go to Joshua Tree, drive the curvy mountain road towards San Diego, Thursday Night Villagefest, and take the tram to the top of the mountain, but that's about it. 

Any other ideas? 

Thanks in advance and safe travels to all!!

Freqlink

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Palm Springs, California, USA Renaissance Hotels
  • Re: Suggestions for Palm Springs entertainment
    curiousone Platinum

We have stayed at the Renaissance in downtown PS and really enjoy it. It is just 4 blocks from the main drag in downtown. I have stayed at a variety of Marriott properties in the communities that surround PS and always find myself driving into PS for something to do. Not sure if your "Thursday Night Villagefest" is the weekly shutdown of the main drag in downtown with local artists and farmers setting up booths, but that is always an enjoyable evening (As long as it is not too hot). If you can change from Indian Wells to downtown, I would recommend it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Suggestions for Palm Springs entertainment
      freqlink Member

Thanks for the info, but unfortunately we can't change hotels.  We won a Marriott contest and this was the hotel we were given...there were 7 other Renaissance properties across the US that were a part of the contest, so as they say, beggars can't be choosers
      Yes, the Thursday night event is the shutdown of the street, so we'll definitely be going downtown that night.

8 days until we fly out!