6 Replies Latest reply: May 29, 2014 9:25 PM by superchief1 RSS

Workout Room Privacy

cheil Platinum 13 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

As someone that literally lives out of Marriott hotels 11 months of the year, I would love to see a curtain or blacked out window in the workout door. Some places have it, but a lot don't. It gets weird and awkward when people are looking into the window as your working out. Just recently in Minneapolis, literally 9 people came by and watched through the window.

On a positive note though, I do very much appreciate the partnerships some Marriotts have with local gyms. Keep up the great work

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Workout Room Privacy
    missgee Silver 40 Reviews

I am one of the lookers.  What I am looking at, though, is the facility.  Type and number of machines, is it crowded or not, are there towels and water, does it have a view, hours, etc.  I am the opposite, though.  I do not want to go into a room which has been blacked out.  That would scare me.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jmart Member

cheil and missgee This is an interesting debate - I am a "looker" too, as I want to see the size, set-up and crowd in the facility, but I can also understand that it might be unnerving to have peepers while you're working out. I do always try to look quickly so as not to disturb those in the gym.

One configuration that might suit both of your needs is a gym with a solid door that allows light in via windows. There is a really nice one at the Marriott Groton (in CT near Mystic). Anyone ever been there?

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

Well, there's a coincidence!  I was not long ago looking at that property for an upcoming trip!  I took a look in their photos to see what you were referring to, but they don't have one, strangely enough.

jmart Member

Weird! They should have pictures. Well here are two pix from my stay. I know I know - I'm not supposed to let my kids in the gym, but there wasn't anyone else in there and they were begging to check it out for 2 seconds! I seriously think they may have liked the hotel gym just as much as the Mystic aquarium ;-) The light in the room is due to the gym overlooking the indoor pool via glass windows, and the pool in turn has a huge skylight. Let me know what you think if you go there. photo.JPG

photo.JPG

jmart Member

Not sure why that came in sideways - anyone know how to flip it for my future posts? The original was vertical.

superchief1 Platinum

I really wish Marriott would show more pictures of the fitness facilities on their websites. I enjoy weight training when traveling and most hotel fitness photos only show the cardio equipment. Many Marriott properties don't have very good weight training equipment and have replaced more functional equipment with the big cable machines. Although the diagrams show all of the exercises you are supposed to be able to do, your really need a personal trainer to figure out how to effectively set up the equipment. I never see anyone using these machines. I prefer the old universal machines, or at least a funcitoning lat bar.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...