13 Replies Latest reply: May 29, 2014 9:17 PM by superchief1 RSS

Favorite Domestic Marriott Vacation Club Properties

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

In the late Autumn of my years I tend to travel domestically including Hawaii and favor the MVCs since I am a Premier Plus member and have a lot of points.  Would be interested in which properties the Insiders favor.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Orlando, Florida, USA Marriott Vacation Club Intl Marriott's Harbour Lake
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, USA
Orlando, Florida,
  • Re: Favorite Domestic Marriott Vacation Club Properties
    fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

Grande Ocean Villas, Hilton Head, SC

DSCN0008.JPG

Harbour Club, Hilton Head, SC

Spring Break - 2014 001.jpg

Ocean Watch Villas, North Myrtle Beach, SC

Image009.jpg

Legends at Bay Point, Panama City Beach area, Florida

Bay Point - MVC - 13 002.jpg

MVC at Harbour Club and Panama are not on the beach, but lovely, quite places to enjoy the facilities, golf and walking. These are some of our favorites, but then we live on East Coast, US and are nearby.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

superchief1 Platinum

I own several and have visited many. I consider all of them to be very nice and much better than hotels in the areas. My favorites are Oceana Palms (high rise on beach on Singer Island), Newport Coast Villas (spectacular location and view surrounded by million dollar homes and condos), and Mountaiside in Park City (great for summer as well, nice getaway from Midwestern heat and humidity). I also like Canyon Villas because of its access to the JW Desert Ridge. We will be visiting Marco Island later this year, and I've heard great reviews about it.

curiousone Platinum

I really enjoy the association with the JW across the street. I will walk over in the morning and grab a Wall Street Journal and sit back and read over some coffee. Back when Marriott Cheques were still around, we would eat at their restaurants or have drinks out on the patio. Using the Marriott Cheques made it like an "all inclusive" package. Ah, the good old days.

laketahoe Platinum 3 Reviews

Nothing beats beautiful Lake Tahoe.  Marriott Grand Residence Club and Timber Lodge are great places to stay in.

The trail head to one of the mountain trails is just behind these properties.  You may chance upon a bear or two if you are lucky or you can just drive around the lake for the fantastic sceneries.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

MVCI Newport Coast, CA.  Here are some photos: http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/photoAlbums/1286

Tons to do, dining, shopping, beach, harbor, ferry, boating, golf, art galleries, travel inland just a tad, more shopping at South Coast Plaza or Irvine Spectrum.  Also, Disneyland, Anaheim Angels, many concert venues.  Slightly farther out day trips will take you to some many fine museums, botanical gardens, arboretums and planetariums in Los Angeles (ever been to the Hollywood Bowl or the Music Center?).  Los Angeles is often underrated, reputable more for its minuses (both real and perceived) than its plusses.  Such a shame, really.  Also, Long Beach, up the coast about 27 miles has a lot to offer: Shoreline Village, Ocean Blvd, Queen Mary, Aquarium, gorgeous scenery.

We were just here at Shoreline Village last weekend.

IMAG3495.jpg

Just as sort of a quid pro quo (for lack of a better term), to get a room with a full ocean view, you might have to work for it (esp during high season) and quite honestly, while I LOVE Newport Coast and Corona Del Mar, that ocean view is HUGE.  Ask for bldg's 2400, 3000, 3100 or one of the 4000's will do okay too.  If you would like more info, let me know.  And congratulations for having a ton of points!!

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Thanks, pluto77.  Have not spent any time on the West Coast lately.  Do not like to fly anymore, but I'm still a driving fool and family out their.

superchief1 Platinum

bpelican,

If you don't like to fly and have extra time, you might want to consider taking Amtrak. The Southwest Chief and a few other long distance trains go to LA and you can connect to a Surfliner to Irvine station which is a 10 minute drive from Newport Coast. One of my favorite trains is the Coast Starlight which travels LA to Seatle. Train travel is much more relaxing and scenic than flying.

superchief1 Platinum

San Diego is also an easy drive. Our favorite attraction continues to be the San Diego zoo. Our family prefers it over Disneyland.

gm1 Gold 1 Reviews

The MVC property at Ko Olina on the island of Oahu is a excellent property.  Its hard not to an enjoy a stay there especially if you can reserve an ocean view room on an upper floor.  I truly enjoy my morning cup of coffee gazing at the ocean, palm trees and mountains up the coast.  If you are flexible and can travel in October, availability is usually not a problem.  Often there are bargain airfares in October as well.  One negative I have seen mentioned is that it is not in Honolulu.  I do not find this a problem as Ko Olina is an excellent starting point to visit the numerous sites and beaches on Oahu, as well as Honolulu.

curiousone Platinum

Be sure to look at Custom House in Boston. A historical property in the heart of Boston. Because it is an old historical property the suites do not compare to the new properties, but it is an awesome location. Two stops away from the airport on the subway, with a subway stop right in front of the Custom House. They also offer nightly free entertainment and a bar on property. I have yet to see this at any other MVCI location.

superchief1 Platinum

I agree that the Custom House is a wonderful property and has a perfect location to enjoy Boston's local attractions. You can see the whole area from the observation tower on the top floor. We only spent two nights there last spring and hope to return for a few nights in the future. Unlike most MVC resorts, there is only a small refrigerator and microwave, so you can't really have many meals in your unit. However, there are several places in the area to eat, including Fanueil Hall. We really enjoyed the food and adult beverages in the local pubs. You really don't need a car. I don't think I would stay there more than four nights due to the smaller size, but it is great for a Boston getaway.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Yes, The Custom House is a wonderful spot however; our favorite location Lahaina Resort | Marriott Maui Ocean Club – Lahaina & Napili Towers right on Ka'anapali Beach. While our last trip was very disappointing from a management standpoint the property is gorgeous, the beach incredible, you can't beat the sunset cruises and sunsets.

S3600007.JPGS3600019.JPGS3600058.JPGALMOST.jpg

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...