3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2015 9:11 AM by jerryl RSS

So bummed...lost my rollover nights

faireone Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I can't believe it!  I had no idea you lose your rollover nights.  I lost 135 rollover nights.  Anything I can do?  Now I have to earn my Platinum all over again.  Even got up to Platinum Premier Elite...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: So bummed...lost my rollover nights
    cjkatl Platinum

What do you mean? Did you earn 210 nights last year without rollover from the previous year, or were these points that had rolled over from a previous year? If it's the latter, you didn't lose anything. That's how it works.

Nights only rollover once. Only nights earned in the calendar year above 75 rollover into the next year. If you rollover 100 nights and earn 60 nights the next year, the year after, you will have no rollover nights. Despite having 165 nights showing for the second year, only 65 would count towards rollover, which does not reach the required 75 night earned-in-the-year threshold.

Another example:

• Year 1: You earn 160 nights. 85 nights rollover to the next year.
    • Year 2: You start the year with 85 nights and earn another 80 nights. You end the year with 165 nights. Only 5 nights rollover, as the 85 are invisible as far as rollover qualification calculation.
    • Year 3: You start the year with 5 rollover nights.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

perpetualguest Platinum 3 Reviews

So if this is the way it works, what are rollover nights good for? I went from 600+ in December and only have 279 now. If I don't stay more than 75 nights in 2015, I guess that means I'll have zero next year? I don't understand the point of rollover nights at all then. Those nights don't do anything for me - do they?

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

rollover nights only count once. So if you don't stay at all this year you will still get platinum in 2016 from your rollover carry forward from 2014. I still think it is a generous benefit from Marriott to handle times when travel drops off for a year.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...