5 Replies Latest reply: May 27, 2014 11:15 AM by jmart RSS

Recycling at the Marriott

jgafni76 Member
Currently Being Moderated

Why is not the Marriott doing more to recycle its plastics and newspapers?????

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
  • Re: Recycling at the Marriott
    peteruliano Silver 11 Reviews

Most likely due to costs of setting up a program. However there ideas and ways that are cheap and can save money in the long run.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

They do a good job recycling at the Marriott Vacation Clubs that I've visited.  They provide good directions to the re-cycle bins and make it easy for the guests to comply.  But of course, in the final analysis, it depends on the guests complying.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I've seen containers in the common areas of some hotels for newspaper, cans, and plastic. In properties outside the U.S., in-room bins for recycling are more common. I'm hopeful that will catch on everywhere. If recycling is made easier, I suspect more folks will do it.

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

It used to greatly disturb me that there were no recycling bins in the rooms at most properties.  Then, one day, I was walking past a utility room and there was someone in there sorting the recycling from the bags which housekeeping carries on their carts.  I felt much better after that. 

jmart Member

missgee It's great to hear this, as I find it so hard to throw away even one plastic water bottle or newspaper with the rest of the trash no matter where I am (we recycle at home). Since I'm new to this community, I will see what more I can find out about recycling efforts within Marriott. Thanks @jgafni76 for starting a great discussion.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...