4 Replies Latest reply: May 31, 2014 9:26 AM by iahflyr RSS

CAUGHT!!!!!

sacerdos15 Gold 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Finally a marriott manager has admitted that some of the perk supposedly given to elite members are not given.I wrote a review for tripadvisor about the Delray Marriott which was for the most part complimentary because it is an exceptional property and that is the reason I have been going there for 6 years for two weeks.In a review of the Hollywood marriott where I had gone before I had mentioned that at the end of my stay I had asked for a late checkout time of 2 hours.I was denied.I mentioned that I was a silver elite the answre was still no.I called Marriott and was told that as silver elite I was entitled to a  late checkout.Marriott called the hotel and I was given the late checkout.When I told this story people mentioned that Marriott inDelray had a policy of no exceptions to the checkout time despite an elite status.I checked with Marriotlt and was told that was not correct and that the elite status gives you the right too a late checkout. Recently after spending 2 weeks at the delray marr. I asked for a checkout time of 1 and they said no despite my elite status which is gold.I mentioned this in my tripadviror review and in their comment the hotel said they DO NOT allow a late checklout so as to allow incoming guests to be abel to check in.Is the delray hotel any different from other marriotts who do allow it includinng  Ritz Carlton where i have stayed that allowed me to stay until 4! What gives them the right  to deny to a gold elite member a perk which they advertise.I was not bothered that much by only being  allowed one hour extlra but i am livid that they admit it.What other perks do they or others take it upon themselves to deny.I have been using marriott since i was a marquis memmber and at the time a stockholder.For the last 25 years all my stays have been paid by myself not by a company and I have reached the gold level.and I am not going to let this rest.I will pound on every door report to all travel magazines and bother social media exposing marriott hypocrisy  until i have received a satisfactory answer.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: CAUGHT!!!!!
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

sacerdos,

Thanks, for bringing this to bringing this to our attention!

Sorry, this had  a bad ending!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

cjkatl Platinum

Here are the Marriott Rewards T&Cs concerning late check-out.

Priority Late Checkout: Based on availability, call the front desk the morning of checkout and let them know your planned departure time. Available at all Marriott brand hotels except Marriott Vacation Club.

Note late check-out is not guaranteed, let alone a "right." It is up to the hotel's discretion, based on availability. Other chains guaranty the late checkout, but not Marriott, so you have caught a hotel doing what it's allowed to do under the written contract. While you might want to bang on every door letting people know this is a bad policy (which it is) you will want to avoid stating this is your right as a Silver or Gold member.

Also, there is a pecking order on this. You don't know how many Plats, Plat Premiers or Lifetime Plats were in the hotel that night and also asking for late checkout. As a Gold or, previously, as a Silver, you might have not had enough status to warrant your getting the perk over other higher status guests those particular nights.

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

I don't know why this late checkout policy doesn't apply to the MVC.  I have never been denied late checkout at any Marriott property, including MVC properties, until my stay at Crystal Shores, Marco Island, FL.  Because of this, I probably will never frequent this property again.  I was only asking for a half hour extension and, although I am a Premier Plus MVC member and a PPE, they denied my request.  Hope it was worth the lose of my business for denying a half hour extension.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

cjkatl,

Spot on, it is no guarantee and if you are lucky enough to get a later checkout be happy.  I've not often asked for a late checkout but when I have no problem.  As you mentioned much depends on the ability to gain a later checkout so I'd much rather be happy when I've gotten one rather than get upset about not getting one.  Sort of like the upgrade to First Class on a flight, they are not guaranteed and if you want the seat just buy it so if you want the extra time in the room pay for another few hours or another night if you must have it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...