10 Replies Latest reply: May 24, 2014 12:25 PM by missgee RSS

Where have all the clocks (supply melody)? Long time...

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

This has been a pet peeve for me for a long time.  Especially if you're somewhere else in the world and have to awaken at 3 or 4am for an early flight, where are the clocks, except sometimes a tiny unreadable version on the TV?  I am reminded of this because I am at the Athens Airport Sofitel (highly recommended -- it is LITERALLY across from the airport) and just noticed a wall clock next to the bed. A Pierre Cardin digital wall clock, no less.  And, to add something even more wonderful, the time is accurate!

I don't know if others have experienced this but if I have to get up very early I sleep very restlessly, always wondering what time it is. That happened last night when I had to get up very early for my flight from Crete.  Every 40-50 min I was awake.

Bring back the clocks!  We don't need the clunky radio/music sort that some miscreant sets to go off at 1am playing hard rock, but a plain digital clock.  Guess I'm old fashioned.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Where have all the clocks (supply melody)? Long time...
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Not old fashioned at all, I want a clock that I can easily set which Marriott in most cases fails miserably.  And yes, restless sleep for sure for an early wake up because you cannot rely on a wake up call.  So now I will actually turn to new technology and set my phone to be the alarm clock since I can't figure out the hotel alarm clocks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

couldn't agree more. You get into the room around 10 and look for a clock and then see one with wrong time and no clear instructions as to how to reset so best to get wake up call . Bring back a simple clock

Platinum 28 Reviews

MY TRAVELING LIFE HAS BEEN MADE EASIER BY DOWNLOADING THE APP  "NIGHT STAND" ON MY IPAD

Not only can you see the large numbers (without glasses) through the night you program the screen to recognize your location.

Consequently you not only have the exact (local time) but the local weather forecast.  Any music/radio apps can also be played while going to sleep as well as scheduling alarms, turn off times on music apps etc.

I no longer worry about clocks that our friends at Marriott  provide.  My only concern is a power supply convenient so one does not awake to a "dead" tablet.

Check it out - don't think anyone will be disappointed.

jmart Member

profchiara Isn't it interesting how there is a very valid reason for many good old "classics" in this technologically advanced world we live in? I really hadn't thought much about the importance of a basic clock since I don't get to travel Internationally nearly as much as I'd like to. I too often rely on my cell phone for that, but the local setting are often unreliable when traveling - and the battery life gets in the way.

Given that the in-room alarm clocks can be rendered useless by guests before you, I see your point! Since I'm new to the Insiders team (working alongside merb, The specified item was not found. and ansaa), I will probe to see if this has come up before and been mentioned to the Marriott team. In the meantime, I'm downloading "Night Stand" per misterchk 's suggestion. Headed to Boston this weekend, so no time change for me, but I'll play around with it nonetheless. Thanks!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

jmart,

Welcome to MRI!  It's good to have you "On Board"!

professor,  Thanks for your post!  You just reminded me that I left my portable clock on the nightstand, here at the hotel!  Would have forgotten it if you had not posted this message.

Thank-you! 

Have a great trip back!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Welcome to the MI world, looking forward to your thoughts and help as we have gotten from all the others who have preceded you.

Make sure to get to North End and enjoy some amazing Italian food, of course after the LobstaH.  Safe travels

jmart Member

Thanks IAHFLYR! Looking forward to lots of great food! I will post pictures when I return. Have a great holiday weekend.

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

omg the clocks.  I haven't noticed that they've disappeared but I have noticed that the numbers are too dim for me to read.  But the thing which I absolutely cannot deal with is when a previous guest has set the alarm and it goes off at all hours.  I cannot figure these clocks out enough to set the alarm, let alone figure out if there is an existing one waiting to startle me awake.  Sleeping while travelling is difficult enough without having the **** scared out of you then lying awake the rest of the night. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...