4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 2, 2014 4:25 AM by poora RSS

Marriott cancelled my honeymoon

poora Member
Currently Being Moderated

Hi All,

maybe, this is the wrong place for my issue, but, please, help me.

I booked a room on 29th May to Marriott Aruba with flight. (from 30th. July to 6th August).

On 30th May I got a BLANK cancellation email, without any reasons or any apologize, without any new offer or info about redemption.

I wrote some emails to Marriott Customer Care, but since Friday I don't know, why my honeymoon has been cancelled.

Now I know, Hotel + Flight packages are managed by a third party company: Vacations by Marriott.

I started my reservation on marriott.com, honestly it is not my business if I forwarded to a third party page.

Until now, if a hotel couldn't give the booked room, I always got fast and fair information, and an offer about another room type, or the hotel tried to find a proper room in another hotel.

But now, Marriott doesn't really want to help, I don't know anything, I didn't get any info, I didn't get back my money either.

What can I do in this case?

Thank you in advance,

Attila

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott cancelled my honeymoon
    tommo781 Silver 8 Reviews

Have you checked whether rooms are available at your chosen hotel?  I would certainly ring the Marriott hotel, ASAP!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

Wow.  It's time to pick up the phone, I think.  I would call the Marriott Customer Care line.  They are very responsive.

Marriott Rewards Phone Number and Customer Service Information

Best of luck!

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Dear Poora,

This sound very concerning.  Can provide us with some additional information?  Did you make the reservation over the phone, online, etc. and with whom?  Did you receive a confirmation number or email?

I believe that the best way to resolve this issue is to contact Marriott.   Customer Support at (801) 468-4000 is available Mon. - Fri.  Do it right away, the sooner, the better.

Maybe The specified item was not found. can also be of some assistance in getting you connected with the right people.

I hope this get resolved quickly.  It's your honeymoon.  What could be more important than that?  It has to be made right! 

In the meantime,

Best Wishes for a swift, sure and satisfactory resolution and also for a splendid marriage!  Please keep us informed of your progress.

poora Member

Thank you for all the responses!

Sunday(yesterday), in the evening(CET) I got the following:

-------------------------------------------------

We have contacted Vacations by Marriott on your behalf, and spoke with one of their representatives.  They have informed our office that your booking was cancelled because it was incomplete, as you did not book your flight.  They have advised that you contact them directly for further assistance.  Their contact information is listed below:

Email: boi.osg@cxl.com

Please use reference number 1759194, when inquiring about your booking.

------------------------------------------

It is impossible, I selected the seats, I absolutely remember. Why the booking process didn't warn me, if I missed something? Why just a blank cancelling email only what I got a day after, without any explanations?

Ok, I worte to Vacations by Marriott, but I still don't really understand this situation, why my task is to deal with this failure, I started my booking on marriott.com, and it should be indifferent for the guests, which (third party) company is organizing my honeymoon, I just would like to know: I'm the guest of Marriott, and nothing else.

I'm very sorry for my angry style, but I'm so disappointed, marriott was showing me the totally lack of helpfulness in these 3 days.

Thank you again,

Attila

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...