1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 7, 2008 1:30 PM by traveltheworld RSS

International Hotels not posting stays and points properly

hb_iwc Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

While I have seldom encountered any problems with the posting of nights and points in my Marriott Rewards account while staying in North American properties, the situation at some of Marriott's international properties is quite a bit different...

The worst performer for me has been without any doubt the Guarulhos Airport Marriott in Sao Paulo, which, of 10 stays in the past 15 months, has not managed to post even a single one. This hotel also seems to be very casual about elite benefits and the property gives the appearance of only belonging to the Marriott chain in name.

The Milan Marriott (2 stays, none posted, no elite benefits to speak of), the JW Marriott Surabaya (2 stays, none posted) and the Lisbon Marriott (3 stays, one posted) seem to suffer from the same problems, while a number of international properties face apparent issues with posting nights and points when the final bill is settled with such things as Bonus Bucks or Marriot Gift Cheques.

Most North American properties as well as some of the better international properties do not seem to have any issues in this regard, yet, as an international traveler based outside North America, the seemingly incessant retroclaims through Marriott's service center in Kuala Lumpur are annoying to say the least.

It looks as if Marriott should do a better job of informing its international properties about their obligations with regard to the Marriott Rewards program and its elite benefits. If Marriott is properly informing its international properties and franchises about their obligations, then there is definitely something lacking in the domain of enforecement of these rules...

• Re: International Hotels not posting stays and points properly
    traveltheworld Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated
    Did you ever stay in the Marriott Hotel Marble Arch in London, England?  Both the management & staff should be in your 'bad Marriott experience' collection!  Also, it took me over 1 month and 4 phone calls to get the missing stays and points back from Marriott's Salt Lake City Customer Service Centre!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...