6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2014 7:51 PM by rinny54 RSS

D.C.'s newest hotel... The Marriott Marquis

peteruliano Silver 11 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Beautiful Pics and some info on this new Marriott. This place looks amazing I must say!

Inside The Brand New (And Surprisingly Large) Marriott Marquis - Photo Tour - Curbed DC

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: D.C.'s newest hotel... The Marriott Marquis
    ansaa Member

Thanks for sharing this, peteruliano. Those pictures do look great. You'll have to let us know if you get a chance to visit!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Nice article and pics!  I'll definitely have to keep the Marquis in mind if I ever decide to stay within DC.

rinny54 Platinum 1 Reviews

I am going there in 2 weeks.  I am looking forward to it.  Some of the reviews have been interesting, to say the least, due to the fact they are still getting the kinks out.  The "NEW" room rate were great.

erc Platinum

This post coming as it does within 24 hours of Marriott's 87th birthday of its founding at The Hot Shoppe reminds me that when the hotel was first discussed (years ago, bogged down by gov't regulations and debate) it was thought that the hotel would operate a Hot Shoppes restaurant. Well, that changed a bit (it was considered, probably correctly so, 'too old school') and instead they opened Anthem where they serve some of Marriott's original food favorites, The Mighty Mo (a big mac predecessor with 'secret sauce - thousand island dressing essentially ), Teen Twist (ham and cheese) and Orange Freeze among other items that us locals grew up with. But this being 2014 and conventioneers apparently big spenders, the sandwiches are in the $14-17 range.

The building looks lovely (and is huge), in walking around it a few months ago, so I eagerly await your thoughts after your stay (and yes, the early rates can't be touched now - good job snagging one). Have a great time in the nation's capital.

I will TRY to enjoy myself, erc!  I just hope the hot water doesn't go off like some of the reviews are saying . Have lots on the agenda:  a convention, trolley tour, dinners @ ris, bar-hopping, visit to Union Market for a fundraiser & lots of walking....plus whatever else happens. There were other "things to do" on MRI that I need to re-visit & set up my list...soon!

I just got back from DC & stayed 2 of the 4 nights @ the new Marriott Marquis (the other 2 nights were @ the Mayflower Renaissance-will detail that under that hotel). As I said above--got GREAT rates for the "new" opening.  I was coming from the Mayflower @ 8 AM for a conference I was attending across the street from the Marquis (VERY CONVENIENT btw!). So luggage in tow, I expected the front desk staff to have to store my luggage until my room was available (they said it was not ready). But when I asked for a comp upgrade, they checked & found a room (I assume better) on the M level & in 10 minutes I was in my room overlooking Mass Ave. The room was very sleek. The door to the bathroon was a slider that self closed/opened once it reached a certain point.  There was a little ledge in the shower--nice!  The drawers in the dresser also had a self close like the door. There were little reading lights on each side of the bed headboard.  Many nice features.The hotel is beautiful!!! The concierge lounge is HUGE w/ a full balcony the whole length of the lounge with all kinds of chairs, couches & tables. The sitting area inside has various types of seating as well including a large hightop. There is food all day--breakfast, snacks, appetizers & desserts depending on when you go.  The food was OK--nothing to rave about--scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, bread, bagels, home fries, mixed fresh fruit, dry cereal, yogurts & beverages.There was no oatmeal or english muffins. We ate at High Velocity one night & again the food was just OK--in fact my order came out wrong.  The gym was outstanding--huge--all kinds of equipment & 2 floors! The staff was great in all areas & helpful.  They were very excited & getting everything spit-shining clean for the grand opening the day after we left--sorry we missed it.  All the Marriott family was coming. Wwould definitely go back if the price was right!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...