1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 7, 2008 1:08 PM by chicagofan RSS

Mariott Michigan Avenue - Chicago

dentist Silver
Currently Being Moderated

We stayed at the Marriott on Michigan Avenue for 5 nights in February.  We stay there every February for the Midwinter Dental Convention.  It was the worst stay ever.  We were in room 4329.  The room has to be the smallest in the hotel.  You would have thought that they would have given us a nicer room for staying there for 5 nights.  The maid only left one bar of soap in the bathroom.  We wrote notes for additional soap and shower caps and none were left.  The bathroom fan was on all night (no way to turn it off), and the room was freezing. In addition, the sliding closet doors would not slide closed when clothes were hanging in the closet.   The closet was not deep enough.  Can you believe it?  When we checked in, I asked if there was an upgrade available.  The clerk stated that she had a "concierge room" for us.  The next day, I called an asked what a concierge room was and was told that they did not know.  I should have asked to have my room changed, however, we arrived at the hotel at 12 midnight and at the time, I was coming down with the flu.  So I spent lots of time in the room.  The lobby of the hotel is being remodeled, but that is no excuse for the room and the room attention to be so poor.  I was so disappointed.  We did go to the concierge lounge which is lovely, however, at 8:30 AM, they had no milk for cereal.  They said they ran out!  This makes no sense.  It was the worst stay I have ever had at a Marriott!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Mariott Michigan Avenue - Chicago
    chicagofan Member
    Currently Being Moderated

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. I stayed there last December and had a great time. The remodeling of the lobby had started, but it was not a problem at all. Service was very kind and attentive, and my room was great. Can't beat the location, right on Michigan avenue, close to everything, including lot's of great restaurants.

I saw the new lobby last week, and it looks fabulous. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...